Kirkland 5w 30 oil specs from Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kschachn
Pfft 18 years. That's two years less than my newest vehicle.
I've never used a UOA to see "how good" an oil is, I have done them to look for coolant or fuel contamination. But as a quality check? That's what the licenses, certifications and approvals are for.

Wow....I'm pretty sick of a vehicle after 8 years or less...my FXT is less than 5 years old and I am already dreaming about the RAV4 Prime hybrid.

tblt44. -

I'm more impressed by the fact you managed to get a reply from Warren Oil.

I've never received a reply from them in spite of multiple attempts.

Thanks for posting the data!

Originally Posted by dkryan
... I'm more impressed by the fact you managed to get a reply from Warren Oil. ...
You've got the wrong one of the two separate Warrens that blend oil. Happens frequently here ...

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
So how many daily vehicles have you owned and kept for 18 years Johnny?

Check my sig and see how long I keep my vehicles.

tblt44. -

I'm more impressed by the fact you managed to get a reply from Warren Oil.

I've never received a reply from them in spite of multiple attempts.

Thanks for posting the data!

I asked for the oil specs and got a e mail the next morning.
Now I asked about supertech a few months back and could get a clear answer if they made it.
I'm guessing because Warren is on the Kirkland oil and may not be on the walmart oil so it's a secret whom makes it.

Thanks tblt44!

I was very interested in how the Costco looked.

Keep up the good work. Don't let some of these tail holes beat you down.
crackmeup2.gif

I have never used a off brand oil in anything until this summer. I got some 10w 30 supertech for the mower, I noticed it didnt get dark and silver colored like the 5w 30 syn oils I have used.
I'm gona try the kirkland in my 5.3 avalanche in a few weeks. Sure I will get good results.

I have seen some UOAs for Warren and it seemed like they nailed Blackstones averages. If thats ok with you its ok.

For me personally I want to beat the averages.

Warren and Supertech are not bad. They are average oils which will get the job done, but they are not outatanding.

Originally Posted by Navi
I have seen some UOAs for Warren and it seemed like they nailed Blackstones averages. If thats ok with you its ok.

For me personally I want to beat the averages.

Warren and Supertech are not bad. They are average oils which will get the job done, but they are not outstanding(fixed).

Navi, which averages are you talking about? Wear elements, contaminants, viscosity, or detergents? Unless you're only talking about viscosity and detergents, you'll never get any information to intelligently distinguish oils. It's actually very easy- pick an oil that meets required specs, and use it. Yes, I know you run livery service. Change any spec oil at the severe service interval, run the filter for 2x OCI, and never worry about the unnecessary added cost of "outstanding" oil again. The only real impact of choosing an "outstanding" oil is you kill the ROI of your business. Wear analysis requires a different method of testing than UOA to give you any info worth getting excited about. Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by wdn
Does Costco also sell a 0W20 oil?

Not in stores yet unfortunately. Must be ordered online. Online price is a tad higher too. I think the 5w30 in the store costs like $24 for the two Jugs.

High Noack & very low moly. hths is good.

I am learning to live with low Moly in all my cars except one. However the Noack is a deal breaker for me except maybe one car and if they make it in 10W30.

Just show me some UOAs on Warren oil which really hit it out of the park. You can find them with the search function in the uoa section of this website. Ive looked myself and it looks like an average oil in the field.

Of course these UOAs might not matter and an average oil will do the same job an outstanding oil will...but if you really want the beat oil this one isnt it. If you want an oil that will do the job at the least price this will be fine.

Originally Posted by CR94
... I'm more impressed by the fact you managed to get a reply from Warren Oil. ...
You've got the wrong one of the two separate Warrens that blend oil. Happens frequently here ...

Would seem like an easy merger transition … but I'm sure there is serious majority ownership in those companies

I would like to see a UOA from someone using supertech, amazon,kirkland,mag 1 in a high performance engine
The Kirkland meets the old obsolete corvette spec.

Originally Posted by tblt44
I would like to see a UOA from someone using supertech, amazon,kirkland,mag 1 in a high performance engine
The Kirkland meets the old obsolete corvette spec.

If the oils you mention carry the required specification or approval for a specific "high performance engine" then it is just as acceptable as any other oil that carries the same spec or approval. As Blackstone notes there is no observable difference in UOA between any appropriately rated oil.

Originally Posted by Navi
Just show me some UOAs on Warren oil which really hit it out of the park. You can find them with the search function in the uoa section of this website. Ive looked myself and it looks like an average oil in the field.

Of course these UOAs might not matter and an average oil will do the same job an outstanding oil will...but if you really want the beat oil this one isnt it. If you want an oil that will do the job at the least price this will be fine.

What do you mean by "beat oil"? Do you mean to say, "beat UP on oil" as in subject it to high load driving? If so, how do you know that the oil(s) in the aforementioned UOA's wasn't/weren't subjected to high load conditions? And if a lube is keeping wear levels to a minimum (universal avgs) irrespective to whether it stayed in grade or not, what more can/are you asking for out of the oil? At the end of the day, isn't that the principle role of oil..to mitigate wear?

Originally Posted by CR94

Ah, it's nice to learn something new!

Originally Posted by 4WD
Spell check for "best" ? He has surely been searching best for the EcoBoost

If he would have Googled "Ecoboost", he wouldn't have bought an Ecoboost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back