Toyota is recalling 2018 2019 vehicles for fuel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota is recalling nearly 700,000 vehicles in the U.S. because the fuel pumps can fail and cause the engines to stall. That can increase the risk of a crash.

The recall covers certain 2018 and 2019 Lexus LS 500, LC 500, RC 350, RC 300, GS 350, IS 300, LX 570, GX 460, RX 350, 4 Runner, Camry, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma, Tundra, Avalon, and Corolla.

36.gif
No Supra eh?

I wonder if this is a case where their in vehicle telematics are giving them leading indicators that analytics is identifying before failures?

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
Toyota is recalling nearly 700,000 vehicles in the U.S. because the fuel pumps can fail and cause the engines to stall. That can increase the risk of a crash.

The recall covers certain 2018 and 2019 Lexus LS 500, LC 500, RC 350, RC 300, GS 350, IS 300, LX 570, GX 460, RX 350, 4 Runner, Camry, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma, Tundra, Avalon, and Corolla.

Thanks for the heads up.

Who is the supplier of these fuel pumps? Airtex of bankrupted United components, same people who run Champ Labs?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wallyuwl
We just bought a 2019 Highlander in Oct. At least this isn't something really major.

If fix is replacing would not call minor though. Removal of seats/interior to access fuel pumps is not trivial x 700k.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Originally Posted by wallyuwl
We just bought a 2019 Highlander in Oct. At least this isn't something really major.

If fix is replacing would not call minor though. Removal of seats/interior to access fuel pumps is not trivial x 700k.

Is there a fix? I don't think there is a fix at this time. Maybe in a few months.

I am also wondering if this effects japan built ? if so this is unexeptable. Toyota quality depends on the quality of its parts

Procurement fails in globalization.. it's a lot easier when you look your supplier in the eye.

Originally Posted by super20dan
I am also wondering if this effects japan built ? if so this is unexeptable. Toyota quality depends on the quality of its parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back