Kirkland 5w 30 oil specs from Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a screen shot of the oil specs Warren sent me today for kirkland 5w 30 full synthetic oil.
Could not figure out how to upload pdf file
Just thought I would post this for you guys because I have not seen any specs on this ol yet

Screenshot_20200114-083010_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20200114-082956_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited:
I just noticed it says 5:w 20 when you look at the PDF file but looking at the viscosity numbers it's a 5w 30

Ok I think I figured out how to get the PDF on here.

This is the 5w 30 not the 5w 20 as it shows I contacted Warren on the mistake

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 65
Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Its going to be interesting to see some UOA on this.

Meets D1G2 and is already in use under several other labels, so I'm going to go out on a very thick limb and say we could collect 1000 UOA samples, crunch the data, and we would see that there is a 99.5% chance or greater this oil is statistically identical to every other D1G2-approved oil. /subtle sarcasm

What info exactly are you hoping will be interesting? I'm just interested in what you think will be different with this oil?

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo

Meets D1G2 and is already in use under several other labels, so I'm going to go out on a very thick limb and say we could collect 1000 UOA samples, crunch the data, and we would see that there is a 99.5% chance or greater this oil is statistically identical to every other D1G2-approved oil. /subtle sarcasm

What info exactly are you hoping will be interesting? I'm just interested in what you think will be different with this oil?

The reason or the purpose is going to be to find out how good it really is. There are always the Nay Sayers here on BITOG oh that's not a 7000 mile oil. Inevitably they are proven wrong and I have to ROTFLMAO!

Last edited:

Nothing ground breaking in the VOA, it's a solid D1G2 lube but I'm glad he requested it and posted it since i haven't committed to memory the HTHS for every Warren made 5w30, so it's nice to add this into the searchable Bitog forum. Sometimes i have to remind myself this forum is used/perused by people besides myself and they likely have diverse interests & levels of knowledge...so just because i don't find something interesting, it doesn't mean others won't. ...

Last edited:

The reason or the purpose is going to be to find out how good it really is. There are always the Nay Sayers here on BITOG oh that's not a 7000 mile oil. Inevitably they are proven wrong and I have to ROTFLMAO!

TOTFLMAO........ really Johnson????

Never doubt the naysayers that keep their vehicles forever. For instance; Nobody else will ever get my rides to own, unless they are dirt-poor and I donate the vehicle to them for free..... about 18 years later than when I purchased it new.
That's how one develops how good an oil actually is. Crunching data folks have all the correct answers on what's best for the longterm?........ hahaha .... no they don't.

If you really want to test oils durability, protection and performance, be a first & last owner of your vehicles.... X 3 or 4 vehicles, at-least.
So inevitably, we are the ones usually proven correct.

So how many daily vehicles have you owned and kept for 18 years Johnny?

Last edited:
Pfft 18 years. That's two years less than my newest vehicle.

I've never used a UOA to see "how good" an oil is, I have done them to look for coolant or fuel contamination. But as a quality check? That's what the licenses, certifications and approvals are for.

Originally Posted by wdn
Does Costco also sell a 0W20 oil?

I think they do but my Costco only had 5w 30 for 24.99 for 2 5 quart containers.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Crunching data folks have all the correct answers on what's best for the longterm?........ hahaha .... no they don't.

So crunching data folks who help develop the formulas that actually go into the bottles don't have valid info? hahaha. Yes they do, and the proof is that they can convince their companies' bean counters to offer 250k, 300k, or half-million mile warranties to consumers who use their products. If you read and actually understood some of dnewton3's and ZeeOSix's informative posts, which reference both thousands of data points and numerous industry-standard test results, all of that data shows.... if the oil and filter meet the specs required at the time of production and maintenance is performed on time, you essentially get a p-value of around .001 that the oil itself or the filter itself will be the root cause of a failure.

While you may not like what kschachn has to say or how he has to say it, I don't think I've ever seen him post something off the wall crazy (regarding testing or known industry standards) , or partake in rampant WAGs like some members do regarding data and its application regarding oils and their suitability for a given purpose.

We have to recognize that some people are too proud of their pet misconceptions to let go of them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CR94
We have to recognize that some people are too proud of their pet misconceptions to let go of them.

Exactly right

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

TOTFLMAO........ really Johnson????

Never doubt the naysayers that keep their vehicles forever. For instance; Nobody else will ever get my rides to own, unless they are dirt-poor and I donate the vehicle to them for free..... about 18 years later than when I purchased it new.
That's how one develops how good an oil actually is. Crunching data folks have all the correct answers on what's best for the longterm?........ hahaha .... no they don't.

If you really want to test oils durability, protection and performance, be a first & last owner of your vehicles.... X 3 or 4 vehicles, at-least.
So inevitably, we are the ones usually proven correct.

So how many daily vehicles have you owned and kept for 18 years Johnny?

Triple_Se7en,

Have you owned a vehicle that used one of these oils exclusively for 18, 10....or 5 years?

If not, the argument can really be turned back on you. How do you know they wouldn't be serviceable to an owner that uses them exclusively for a number of years?

How true I see it all the time in life.
Not bad $12.50 per 5 qt everyday price. One stop shopping 10 gallons of milk 180 eggs 25 pounds of rice and two jugs of motor oil.

Originally Posted by Farnsworth

How true I see it all the time in life.
Not bad $12.50 per 5 qt everyday price. One stop shopping 10 gallons of milk 180 eggs 25 pounds of rice and two jugs of motor oil.

You forgot the 15lbs of nutmeg. I mean, no one needs that much nutmeg, but it's always at such a good price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back