300 PRC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently got on the 6.5 creedmoor bandwagon.

I noticed 300 PRC
I don't shoot a magnum now very much and I have been eyeing 338 LM,

Any 300 PRC shooters here?
How is the factory ammo?
Which gun do ya shoot?

I might pick one up for ELK hunt out west but can't decide if I should get a rifle or get a barrel for my savage magnum actions.

300 PRC looks to be a devastating round, both on accuracy and energy delivered on target at long ranges.

Barrett makes the 300PRC in the MRAD chassis, that would be sweet. I've eyed the 300 PRC as well but around here, there's not anyplace to stretch its legs without shooting into the next county
lol.gif

The cartridge is under evaluation by the U.S. Navy to supersede the .300 Norma Magnum, which was selected as the Advanced Sniper Rifle Cartridge for SOCOM. But head diameter of the .300 Norma is .588 inch, same as the big .338 Lapua Magnum, which was based on the 107-year-old .416 Rigby Magnum (.589 head diameter). That's too big to fit within conventional centerfire rifle magnum bolt faces. The .300 PRC, however, features a head diameter of .532 inch (same as the .300 Win. Mag.) to fit within a standard magnum bolt face.

Every neighborhood needs a 300PRC rifle, for what I do not know, but hey, I like revolvers...see, we are all unusual ,,,,
happy2.gif

Last edited:
It is quite impressive, super sonic beyond 2000 yards,

lol, I hear you, my range only goes to 500 yards.

I see hornady makes the brass,
what dies would one get?

Factory ammo is an option at nearly $2 a round,

Ruger Precision makes reasonably price rifle, I am a bargain hunter.

Savage action = free, I have a few
barrel = threaded muzzle 9 twist, prolly be $450, I have not seen any pre made ones, then count in go gauge
Ruger rifle = 1500$, but way cool looking, the elk just might commit harakiri cuz the rifle is uber tacticool.

Ammo,

I have some 220g sierra match king bollits, I have to check my stash as to other heavy 30 cal bullets in my stash.
I need to figure out powder I need for this.

Ruger precision in 300 PRC runs > $1k

Savage barrel in 300 PRC custom order
26 inch with threaded muzzle = $500

I am opting for the latter, I can't figure out which contour to order though, should I got for a varmint contour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back