Ultra Power unused cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently posted a Ultra Power filter that came off our Traverse. Couple people wanted a virgin filter cut.

8AF1EBBD-FA99-4A24-BCED-49D0BCAFAABA.jpeg

C65DE2C2-BD5C-40C7-8FE0-DF7F67C24722.jpeg

101EC6FB-C38A-4175-B6A1-96A895FF5BDE.jpeg

C73975EC-DA4D-4BED-9F13-14E724CE7590.jpeg

C34B5414-5716-465C-BEFC-B502AD45E483.jpeg

Originally Posted by mpack88
Looks decent. Way better than that used one you took apart. LOL

100 times better lol. I'll cut the Delco that comes off, I've never had a filter look like the Ultra Power cheapo did.

I guess this an example of the proof really is in the pudding.... post use anecdote. The pleat spacing around the seam pleat and elsewhere doesn't look terrible. If I hadn't seen your 3k mi post use anecdote I'd think it ok for at least that. Apparently not, as that thing is ugly. I'd put another letter in front of "ugly", that bad, but a family site.

Going back and rereading your other post use thread, you said Traverse short tripped daily. Curious now, how long a period of time did it take to get to 3000 miles?

Thanks for follow up.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
It looks OK'ish new...

After seeing what it looks like after 3000 miles I wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole...

They're gone in the garbage truck lol

Originally Posted by Sayjac
I guess this an example of the proof really is in the pudding.... post use anecdote. The pleat spacing around the seam pleat and elsewhere doesn't look terrible. If I hadn't seen your 3k mi post use anecdote I'd think it ok for at least that. Apparently not, as that thing is ugly. I'd put another letter in front of "ugly", that bad, but a family site.

Going back and rereading your other post use thread, you said Traverse short tripped daily. Curious now, how long a period of time did it take to get to 3000 miles?

Thanks for follow up.

About 5 months exactly, I get it out of town atleast once a week, a lot of times multiple trips out in a week.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Yeah, 5 months 3k miles, no excuse. I thought perhaps run much longer time wise.

Yes, I agree. I'll post the Delco after it's changed again and will compare. The Carquest filter that came off before the Ultra Power looked pretty good under the same circumstances. I have a couple filters for each vehicle. Once they're gone I think I'll go back to old reliable Wix's, I've had good luck with Fram TGs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back