Mobil 1 M1-110A filter update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a Mobil 1 M1-110A from Autozone, but it looks very different. Haven't been able to find out whether it is an update or not. Does anyone have a clue?

[Linked Image]

mobil 1 filter.jpg

Looks like the baseplate has been changed/modified some. Still Champ typical dome blue button bypass. Difficult to say/see much beyond that. I suspect some may think more flow with more inlet holes, I would not be one. Inner diameter area mounting stud limiting factor, old design enough flow too. Perhaps better thread to engine block engagement. Baseplate looks similar to Fram beveled thread boss design used most (but not all) their filters. Iirc seems the baseplate modification posted either on M1 of some other Champ made filter here previously.

DuckRyder had an unused dissection of topic filter couple years ago for comparison linked. I'd speculate internals still similar.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5013475/re-mobil-m1-110a

I thought I remembered seeing the newer Champ baseplate here before, link to wemay's thread was it. So memory not completely shot..yet. Don't recall seeing internals, but as noted I suspect very similar if not identical to older baseplate version.

I looked at topic filter in WM yesterday. The recess of the inlet hole area is actually deeper than it appears in the pics. It now reminds me of the Fram 6607/7317 series with one big difference. The beveled thread boss is 'imo' a much better design than the Fram. That said, at ~$10 WM price have to go with an Ultra. If I could get them for $5-6, I would be interested. Someone posted XOM sometimes has a rebate making them that price. Have to watch for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back