Baldwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Baldwin filters anything special or they just a run of the mill filter? Supposedly they're HD filters?

F61E77C0-89B3-4187-8AF9-0ADD304697E2.jpeg

Baldwin/Hastings fall under the Parker Filtration/CLARCOR umbrella.

Many, Many, Many larger engines in farms, construction, fleets, trucking, etc. etc run them.

Great filters with paper elements and nitrile ADBVs. Always stoutly built. But as kschachn said, use the search function, browse some C&Ps, and convince yourself instead of relying on opinions.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Great filters with paper elements and nitrile ADBVs. Always stoutly built. But as kschachn said, use the search function, browse some C&Ps, and convince yourself instead of relying on opinions.

Funny, but these forums are made up of opinions. In my opinion of course.

That's why I said for him to do some legwork on his own, look at already cut Baldwin filters, and come up with his own position on their quality. I never recommended that he should read the drivel erroneous opinions of some others here who think that a quality filter requires synthetic media and silicone ADBVs.

Because the great equalizer of opinions is macro-data, and the available macro-data overwhelmingly says both oil filters and oil makeup itself play a nearly insignificant role in engine longevity, that's why I think he should utilize the great search function in the Oil Filter subforum. If oil and filter meet the manufacturer's specs and you change them when it's recommended to change, the vehicle will almost certainly not die from oil- or filter-related causes. I'm just here for the pictures, the +1s, and being IBTL. Oh, and the occasional stupid cat meme.
lol.gif

But sir, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion on others' opinions and I support your right to this, and I thank you for your service.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Linctex
Baldwin/Hastings fall under the Parker Filtration/CLARCOR umbrella.

Many, Many, Many larger engines in farms, construction, fleets, trucking, etc. etc run them.

Yep. Often sold by the case … used many on big gen-set CAT's …

Baldwin B7449 on one of the 5.3's now … will be a while before C&P

My opinion is the only one that matters, they are good to go. Anything said by anyone else otherwise is a heretic.
grin2.gif

Not worth going out of your way for - but if your parts house or truck supplier stocks them and you need to put in an order, go for it.

Baldwin focuses on the heavy duty market. Still a good filter but there's cheaper and better choices for light duty.

They also post good data … found the PRV opening PSI … and it looked pretty close to my spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back