What was the first synthetic oil you ever bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,the girlfriend just got to my place with her first synthetic oil purchase. EDGE 0w40 "made in Belgium"

I'm surprised she knew what to buy

Last edited:
Mobil 1 pre-hurricane Katrina

I used it in my first Mustang,haven't used it since then.

The first synthetic oil I ever bought was Amsoil severe gear 75w90.
The first synthetic motor oil I ever bought was Mobil 1 "vanilla" 5w30.

Mobil 1 5w30, but it wasn't vanilla. Mobil 1 didn't have flavors back then. M1 was the top of the line, with no variants other than weight. It's been awhile since the marketing landscape looked like that.

Originally Posted by Bighorn2500
I think it was Quaker State FS 4x4 oil in the clear 1 quart bottles.

I still have a bottle of QS in a clear bottle. I loved those bottles! If they sold it that way today, I'd probably buy it and run it.

One neat thing...It is a bottle of 10w30 and it sat undisturbed for a number of years. There was no settling or separating of any components. It looked the same when I picked it up, looked at it, and topped off a lawnmower as when it was new.

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Mobil 1 5w30, but it wasn't vanilla. Mobil 1 didn't have flavors back then. M1 was the top of the line, with no variants other than weight. It's been awhile since the marketing landscape looked like that.

Sure enough...

Originally Posted by IndyFan
Originally Posted by Bighorn2500
I think it was Quaker State FS 4x4 oil in the clear 1 quart bottles.

I still have a bottle of QS in a clear bottle. I loved those bottles! If they sold it that way today, I'd probably buy it and run it.

One neat thing...It is a bottle of 10w30 and it sat undisturbed for a number of years. There was no settling or separating of any components. It looked the same when I picked it up, looked at it, and topped off a lawnmower as when it was new.

+1

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
Valvoline or Havoline

Dag on it man..... ^^^^^^^^^^

I was seriously thinking I was maybe going to be the only one on here who said.....

Havoline full synthetic...
lol.gif

Yeah it was the cheapest too by the way... $2.99 a qt vs $4+ a qt for anything else.

yeah it was reasonably priced, that was when you could buy oil at a decent price at Advance auto, now their pricing is unreal unless they have a sale or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back