M1 102A or FRAM ULTRA 3614

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon gentlemen and ladies
smile.gif

This coming weekend I'll be changing the oil filter on the 09' Camry LE in my signature. I'm thinking of using the FRAM ULTRA 3614 Subyrubieroo gave me ot one of the Christmas gifts from the girlfriend i.e. a M1 102A oil filter. I have 4 of those as she found them for $2 clearance. I'll be using a filter for 3 or more ocis of 4,500~ miles

Thank You in advance

Changing the oil or just the oil filter? I run Fram Ultras on everything in signature for years now. Unless it is free -- which you have stated -- unless I had more FUs to put back on waiting at home.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Changing the oil or just the oil filter? I run Fram Ultras on everything in signature for years now. Unless it is free -- which you have stated -- unless I had more FUs to put back on waiting at home.

Dunno about the oil. May see how much its consumed, and go on the "dare to be different side" and add some more KREEN and top off with Valvoline Maxlife syn 5w20

Originally Posted by PimTac
Whichever one is older.

The ULTRA is older. Kinda thinking I'll run that after I can hopefully purge snot or carbon out of engine or it blows

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by PimTac
Whichever one is older.

The ULTRA is older. Kinda thinking I'll run that after I can hopefully purge snot or carbon out of engine or it blows

Engine snot = sludge.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
3614, and since you ran a TG to 25k, you should try running the XG to 30k
smile.gif
Heck, Linctex ran a plain non-syn filter to 50k and his engine didn't die
lol.gif

Quoted for truth. The tough guard will have 25k very shortly
lol.gif

We will all see how it held up

. The tough guard will have 25k very shortly.
We will all see how it held up
It will likely be boring. My TG10358 was after 25806 miles---nothing to see there...

Good Afternoon gentlemen and ladies
smile.gif

This coming weekend I'll be changing the oil filter on the 09' Camry LE in my signature. I'm thinking of using the FRAM ULTRA 3614 Subyrubieroo gave me ot one of the Christmas gifts from the girlfriend i.e. a M1 102A oil filter. I have 4 of those as she found them for $2 clearance. I'll be using a filter for 3 or more ocis of 4,500~ miles

Thank You in advance

Can't wait to see pics of the 25K Fram Toughguard you're taking off. I'd be interested in that Mobil-1 filter next. I'll bet it's good for at least 30K.
I'll also bet the Fram TG has more waves in it, than all the waves in the Red Sea, when Moses parted it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Can't wait to see pics of the 25K Fram Toughguard you're taking off. I'd be interested in that Mobil-1 filter next. I'll bet it's good for at least 30K.
I'll also bet the Fram TG has more waves in it, than all the waves in the Red Sea, when Moses parted it.

You are really shoveling it today.

Just waiting until that day when someone takes your shovel away?

Originally Posted by kschachn

Post reported!
Please add a few words (or sentences) topic-related, whenever posting, instead of member-harassment-only.

Last edited:

Post reported!
Please add a few words (or sentences) topic-related, whenever posting, instead of member-harassment-only.

Gentlemen: lets please stay on topic please. Decided on using the M1 102A
smile.gif

Thank You all for suggestions and helpful info
smile.gif

Post reported!

Gentlemen: lets please stay on topic please. Decided on using the M1 102A
smile.gif

Thank You all for suggestions and helpful info
smile.gif

If they will fit the space - the M1-209A and Fram XG3600 are the same spec as the two options you've noted, but considerably larger. I use both the 209A and 3600 interchangeably based on which ever one is in stock at Walmart. If they are both in stock I decide if I feel like black or gold on the top of my engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back