Power Lock Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my pickup detailed a few weeks ago with Power Lock Plus. It was either pay or wait until until spring. They prepped it much better than I would have. With the cold weather my outdoor faucets are drained for the winter. So any washing will be some place I drive to.

What about a touchless automatic?

Self service with high pressure spray wand?

Other tips to get it to last as long as possible?

What can I apply on top of it myself when spring arrives?

I do touchless automatic even though the stuff prolly removes wax easily. Benefit is the underbody wash...who knows if water is recycled tho...prolly just spraying salt water under it lol... i dont have a garage so i just do that vs nothing. Wand is a pain.

If I were you Id apply a ceramic sealant in Spring. Turtle Wax ice spray n seal. Easy to apply too;
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Ddn6xBGkBFcU&ved=2ahUKEwj30sCOsf_mAhXQm-AKHds3CkUQwqsBMAB6BAgEEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0BECkGfdVoQEgLfoS3ssap

Touchless automatics rely on some heavy duty chemicals. I'd lean toward self-service with high pressure wand. You can even bring your own soap if you want to.

Power Lock is a paint sealant not a coating so when you talk about applying something else over it you'll use more Power Lock. It's very easy to apply and remove.

In my experience, and several others here, Power Lock is the best *paint sealant* you can get.

Originally Posted by gofast182

In my experience, and several others here, Power Lock is the best *paint sealant* you can get.

I found that to be the case too, I've been using it for a few years now. I was hoping the new ceramic products that you apply to a wet car were going to be superior. IMO they aren't even close, I base that comment after using them on a vehicle for 6 months now.
They're OK for a quick job, that's about it.
27.gif
Opinions vary.

Touchless automatics rely on some heavy duty chemicals. I'd lean toward self-service with high pressure wand. You can even bring your own soap if you want to.

Power Lock is a paint sealant not a coating so when you talk about applying something else over it you'll use more Power Lock. It's very easy to apply and remove.

So reapply Power Lock on top of what is left of the previously applied Power Lock?

If the weather allows just use a good spray wax using the wax as you dry technique. Griots would be a good choice but any quality brand will do.

Originally Posted by Donald

So reapply Power Lock on top of what is left of the previously applied Power Lock?

ABSOLUTELY! This is not a finicky coating that you hear so much about nowadays it's a paint sealant which is very flexible in terms of application. After that second application the longevity will be even better than the first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back