Shell Rotella Gas Truck vs Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never did see the T6 Multi Vehicle in my part of the country, but have recently seen the Rotella Gas Truck in 5W30 and 5W20 at Wally World. Is the 'Gas Truck' the same as Rotella with new name and bottle ??

What advantage would it be over the Supertech High Mileage Synthetic 5W30 that I'm using (in a 92 Ford Explorer 4X4)

Thanks in advance

Gas Truck is "all mileage". Not sure what that formula is.

Vs supertech HM? I'd get whichever is cheaper. Or if you want to file the RGT rebate.

Gas Truck is "all mileage". Not sure what that formula is.

Vs supertech HM? I'd get whichever is cheaper. Or if you want to file the RGT rebate.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
RGT is not diesel rated, the T6 is, but I'm sure RGT would work just fine in a '92 Exploder, er, Explorer.

This.

I see no "advantage" of the RGT over ST HM oil, except ~$3 cheaper if you want to do the rebate (RGT is $21.50 @ WM -$10 per jug rebate vs ST HM Syn being $14.88).

If you really want the Rotella T6 Multi-Vehicle, you can order it on Walmart.com and have it sent to store (or home if order over $35), but it is $33.50/gallon.

RGT is similar to all the other GF5/D1G2 oils and RMV is a dual rated SN+ HDEO.

RMV is more shear stable and has at least 3.5 HTHS.

Both should do well in your 92 Explorer.

If you would have an engine with fuel dilution/shearing, RMV would have the edge.

Here is a sheet I posted last May. Enjoy. The first one is Multi-Vehicle.

2F94129D-C0C4-4633-B871-D74F732D9FED.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back