Work shoes/ boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much off road all day at work. Been wearing Keen steel toe clod hoppers for many years with good results. Now I'm looking for top shelf shoes or boots for long hours on the shop concrete floor. These keens ain't cuttin it! Any recommendations for long hours on concrete? Thanks

These shoes intrigue me. I'm required to have electrical rated safety boots at work. They buy them for me along with arc flash clothing. These shoes aren't eligible because they lack an official ANSI certification as of today. They look extremely comfortable and light and are priced low relative to the boots I wear now.

https://indestructibleshoes.com/

I LOVE my Carolina's, particularly the Sarge Lo style # 1309's, though they do offer a non-steel toe version as well.

I've had these for a year, very comfortable, with little wear after a year and are reasonably priced. Carhartt Men's CMF6366 6 Inch Composite Toe Boot

Check out the Redwing Heritage Collection. While many of Redwing's boots are made in China, the Heritage Collection is made in the U.S.A. Of course you will pay a bit of a premium for the U.S.A. made boots, but it is well worth it. I have a half dozen or so pair and they are all very comfortable and long lasting.

Thorogood boots have served me well. They are a little spendy but hold up well. They are made in the U.S. so that is a big plus for me.

I have three pairs of Redwings

Redwing 415's -- Durable work boot, a little bit of insulation, not too heavy, great on concrrete floors. 2 years in these things (rotating every other day) and they are still going strong.

https://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/415-red-wing-shoes/415-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-brown

Irish Setter Wingshooter -- Like walking on a cloud - no break in what so ever - they give you some insulation, nice looking boot. I wear them every other day. I also do yard work and mountain bike in them. NOT Good on concrete if the floor gets wet, but they are so comfortable.

https://www.irishsetterboots.com/hunting-boots/waterproof-hunting-boots/wingshooter-00838.html

Redwing Heritage - The god father of work boots. Beatiful looking boot. Hurts like [censored] to break in, light ,not insulated. Look AMAZING. I have never worn them to work - I intended to, but they looked so good I just couldn't.

https://www.redwingheritage.com/mens-leather-boots-shoes/classic-moc-08856.html?cgid=mens

I also have owned Chippewa...you can't go wrong with them. Stay away from Timberland (cheap, don't last). My next pair will be Thorogoods.

I beat the ever living tar out of my boots...water, cold, cement floors, grease, oil, sand, salt, mud. ^^^^^ These boots are all durable.

I also have 3 pair of Redwings in the mix. I won't go any other boot..... well except my cowboy boots then it's only Tony Lama. Years of trial and error took me to these boot brands... Don't be scared of the price, they value is amazing in the long run.

[Linked Image]

These are the boots I've been wearing. I get 2 years out of them and then a new pair. Company buys them and I really like them.
Since I'm going to be retiring soon I would like to get away from steel toe but yet have a good boot for concrete since I will be in the shop all day. Thanks for the ideas! I'm still researching what you have posted.
Keep em coming!

Originally Posted by c502cid
I also have 3 pair of Redwings in the mix. I won't go any other boot..... well except my cowboy boots then it's only Tony Lama. Years of trial and error took me to these boot brands... Don't be scared of the price, they value is amazing in the long run.

True that … Redwing rocks … but I do have some Tony's with a steel toe …
kinda save those for Management plant tours and not much else …
(with my dress/casual flame resistant stuff, LoL … it's ridiculous what they sell, but I can expense them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back