ls 1.8 rocker arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one tried 1.8 rockers over the stock 1.7 on a stock LS? If so, did you have to run different pushrods? And was/is valve spring coil bind an issue on an otherwise stock cam/engine.

Curious about this on LM7 in my avalanche.

Why 1.8s? Are you trying to make more power? I have seen 1.85 make like 15 at the wheels. Not worth it. I think most people upgrade springs when they do it.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Why 1.8s? Are you trying to make more power? I have seen 1.85 make like 15 at the wheels. Not worth it. I think most people upgrade springs when they do it.

Yes , wondered now much power it added, without doing a cam swap. It seems GM got most of the low end power with the stock cam. I don't know of cams that improve low end over the stock grind. Upper rpm horse power, yes.

Thanks.

To make more power when increasing rocker ratios, retard the cam 2 or 3 crank degrees for each step.
As mentioned, a rocker ratio increase alone makes little, if any increase in power.

No replacement for displacement, Throw in a 6.0L & be done with it. The small bore of 4.8L/5.3L blocks really hampers potencial here.

There are some tricks with cam grinds to increase low end power/torque, But the gains are minimal considering the labor & cost.

If you could find a used Magnuson Radix MP112 Supercharger kit.....That would be the easiest/cheapest way to "boost" your trucks power band where you use it most.

Turbos are cool & all, But I've never seen a true Bolt On kit!

Originally Posted by clinebarger
No replacement for displacement, Throw in a 6.0L & be done with it. The small bore of 4.8L/5.3L blocks really hampers potencial here.

There are some tricks with cam grinds to increase low end power/torque, But the gains are minimal considering the labor & cost.

If you could find a used Magnuson Radix MP112 Supercharger kit.....That would be the easiest/cheapest way to "boost" your trucks power band where you use it most.

Turbos are cool & all, But I've never seen a true Bolt On kit!

I raced a guy once in a fbody who had a 5.3L with 243 ls1 heads, otherwise stock. I edged him out but it wasnt crazy. Had me a stock ws.6 Ls1 mn6. He blew up his Ls1 and found a Silverado to gank the 5.3 long block from, and swapped heads, is how this came to be. The difference in performance wasnt near as shocking as youd have thought.

You raced a guy once....Okay
thumbsup2.gif

You can build ‘em lots of ways … one of our engineers tracks a C6 with a built 5.3L aluminum truck motor …

[Linked Image]

One of my friends texted me this pic Saturday. This is the motor for his new drag GTO.
Zoom in on the CU Inch casting numbers on the front of the block. Lmao

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by Ws6
What LSX vehicles have YOU owned? Any?

Never owned one......

HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back