2019 Nissan Navara Off-Road Test Capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why Nissan never updated the U.S. version. It hasn't seemed to impact sales however, as it continues to sell. Some good off-road demonstration in this video.

Nissan could really turn their fortunes around if they brought a global model truck to the US. This thing is much cooler than the Frontier.

1920px-2016_Nissan_NP300_Navara_(D23)_ST_4-door_utility_(2017-09-22)_01.jpg

The Frontier and the Navarra are both much better looking than the latest Model Toyota. I have owned a 84 and a 92 and 96 and a 2006 Toyota over the years and I really like Toyota small P/Us.

I drove a Navara in South Africa for work. it was a substantially different vehicle than the North American Frontier.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
Nissan could really turn their fortunes around if they brought a global model truck to the US. This thing is much cooler than the Frontier.

I don't like the feminized car-truck Hondas and such; they Look like body shop experiments - converting some rear-ended SUV casualty into a hybrid trucklett "Bride of Frankenstein"

But I also think the ridiculously overly tall DOMESTIC 1/2 tons are very silly too.

The distance between the wheel arch and hood can EASILY be 6"- 10" lower on these fake brutes
and the brick front end with their fuel-robbing over-sized grilles could be reigned in by 50%

But, this is marketing; all playing to long haul trucker fantasies of Joe Suburban Cowboy, the resource waster.

How absurd and embarrassing.

Many LT's have a tow package & they are rated to tow more than ever. Even for those that are not work trucks … RV sales and boat sales are strong around here … here where HD/Super Duty outsell 150. (no Honda trucks).
(another huge RV park opened this year).
Modern LT grills have shutters and electric fans … engine, oil, and transmission coolers all fit in the same space
Everyone shopping LT's know what MPG to expect.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by maxdustington

I don't like the feminized car-truck Hondas and such; they Look like body shop experiments - converting some rear-ended SUV casualty into a hybrid trucklett "Bride of Frankenstein"

But I also think the ridiculously overly tall DOMESTIC 1/2 tons are very silly too.

The distance between the wheel arch and hood can EASILY be 6"- 10" lower on these fake brutes
and the brick front end with their fuel-robbing over-sized grilles could be reigned in by 50%

But, this is marketing; all playing to long haul trucker fantasies of Joe Suburban Cowboy, the resource waster.

How absurd and embarrassing.

I think of myself as more of a suburban Jason Bourne, actually.

The F-150 is just a cover...
lol.gif

Originally Posted by LoneRanger

I think of myself as more of a suburban Jason Bourne, actually.

The F-150 is just a cover...
lol.gif

At least in Ford F-150 you have aluminum panels and a 2.7 V6. All I see around here is rusted-out truck wheel arches and tailgates and bumpers

Good move!

Ford has had issues with aluminum too. It doesn't rust, but the paint can flake due to poor prep or rock chips, and then the Aluminum corrodes.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Ford has had issues with aluminum too. It doesn't rust, but the paint can flake due to poor prep or rock chips, and then the Aluminum corrodes.

How about the LT builder does swing panels in aluminum and fixed panels in steel. …
Oh ? They do !

I've read that a few times, and honestly I don't know what you're referring to.

I think he means how GM is using aluminum for hood, doors, and maybe tailgate but steel for the rest of the body. Thinking LT was meant to mean light truck.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
I've read that a few times, and honestly I don't know what you're referring to.

I think he means how GM is using aluminum for hood, doors, and maybe tailgate but steel for the rest of the body. Thinking LT was meant to mean light truck.

Correct …

Originally Posted by 4WD
Many LT's have a tow package & they are rated to tow more than ever. Even for those that are not work trucks … RV sales and boat sales are strong around here … here where HD/Super Duty outsell 150. (no Honda trucks).
(another huge RV park opened this year).
Modern LT grills have shutters and electric fans … engine, oil, and transmission coolers all fit in the same space
Everyone shopping LT's know what MPG to expect.

On smaller trucks and half-tons tow ratings are a joke. Generally-you will hit maximum payload well before max tow rating.

But the numbers sound real good in commercials.........

Indeed … You need weight to control weight … I was mainly defending the logic to have a large front end for cooling on 1500 and larger pickups … lots of coolers up there …

Now the new Hummer will not need that !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back