Traded my '16 Fiesta for a '12 Prius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Off topic, but is your username taken from the NJ thrash metal band Overkill?

Nope, the song by Motorhead.

That's cool too!

cheers3.gif

Metallica did a fantastic collab/cover of it some time back which I thought was really well done. I think your username is pretty self explanatory
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
But some of you insist on making off topic mumbo jumbo. If you have nothing to say about the topic of a post, why not move on to some other post where you do have something positive to say? My guess is that you really have a lot of time on your hands.

You're going to get all kinds of responses when you make a post on a public forum. Just like he is free to respond, you are also free to ignore it.
smile.gif

Congrats on a new car!

Originally Posted by simple_gifts
I believe The_Critic indicated that that Toyota 1.8 is more prone to HG failures than the previous 1.5; ...
Mr_Luke's Prius c has the updated 1.5L engine, not the 1.8 of the regular Prius.

3 months later nee subject by OP: "traded my ‘12 prius for ‘05 German muscle BMW750", just watch hahahaha

Originally Posted by KrisZ
I would not celebrate just yet on your Prius being "just broken in" at 108k miles. They are known for failed head gasket at around 180k mile mark and at that point the battery usually needs reconditioning or replacement as well.

Do you think I would have been better off with the Fiesta?

I drive up to 5k miles a year, so based on that I'll reach 180k miles about 2034.
The HG issues they say may be prevented by keeping a clean EGR circuit.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Originally Posted by KrisZ
I would not celebrate just yet on your Prius being "just broken in" at 108k miles. They are known for failed head gasket at around 180k mile mark and at that point the battery usually needs reconditioning or replacement as well.

Do you think I would have been better off with the Fiesta?

I drive up to 5k miles a year, so based on that I'll reach 180k miles about 2034.
The HG issues they say may be prevented by keeping a clean EGR circuit.

Goodness no! I wouldn't want that Ford DCT outside of warranty even if it was given to me for free.

But my original thought was that you planned to put some crazy miles on that Prius. At your annual mileage it should serve you well.

Glad to hear it. I spoke with some Prius people and was told that my model of Prius, the Prius c, that HG issues are not common. I was relieved to hear that. I was starting to feel bad about letting my Fiesta go, LOL. After I got the Fiesta last August and came here to talk about it and some people here got me very concerned and told me the tranny was junk, etc., but actually that was on earlier model years of the Fiesta with AT. It's good to be aware of these things.
smile.gif

Head gasket failure is not commonly encountered on this version of the Prius, the Prius C. The 2010-2015 liftback model does have that problem.

I'm just glad I didn't come home with a 2010-2015 liftback Prius.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Insulting? I wasn't insulting you at all, I simply said I found it amusing, because I did, based on the previous discussion. There's nothing taboo about remarking on previous comments made by members which are still in recent memory, particularly if they then proceed to do a 180.

On a lighter note, I expect the Prius will serve you quite well; better than the Ford. I know The_Critic has had a few issues with his, but they are generally quite reliable. I'd expect the Fiesta to be a more "fun" car, but I've never really had much time behind the wheel of a Prius, so that comment isn't based on experience, simply perception of audience and feedback from others.

I didn't "do a 180." I simply traded my car in. I may have been talking of keeping the Fiesta long term but never made any promises.
I know, I'm not a politically correct car owner and never wanted to be. But I'll have second thoughts about making a post like this here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back