New brakes for 2010 Mazda 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my brake pad and rotors with napa stuff about 1 1/2 years ago and only 15k on them now. They are loud, don't stop very good and scored pretty bad. But they have plenty of pad life left.
Should I just got back to OEM pads and rotors? I need to get 50k more out of this car

If you were happy with the OE, you may want to consider them again.
My daughter had a 2006 mazda3(from 2009-'18) and I was never completely saified with any brake pad set that we used. However one set in particular(Centric Posi-Quiet Ceramic) were at least acceptable(meahh?) and lasted a long time. Although front rotors were always an issue with warpage.

Maybe the best brake pads I've ever used on any vehicle were Akebono Pro ACT Ceramic. They didn't lsst any longer than any other brand for that vehicle but were nice feeling pads with good stopping power.

Last edited:
Power Stop coated rotors and Akebono pads
smile.gif

Going cheap on pads is hit or miss. You can get some cheap ceramic pads that are great and the next guy will hate them. Going middle of the road/high end is a safer bet. Akebono are pretty good so I hear. I've always bought wagner and haven't had issues. My Odyssey has crappy braking in general, I wish I would have sprung for Akebonos.

My preference is Centric 300. series. Good initial bite, linear all the way to lockup, tolerate heat fairly well. Not the cleanest pad, but I'll take performance over looks.

Im going to be THAT GUY and suggest EBC Ultimax. They sell a whole kit, too. Top quality coated rotors and the pads are at least a modest improvement over stock. Not expensive and made in the UK instead of some sweatshop.

r1concepts.com Geomet rotors and their ceramic pads are the best that I have found. I have them on 4 of my vehicles. They run sales often, up to 30% off...

Originally Posted by tundraotto
Wagner Thermoquiets on everything I own when I do brakes. Really happy with them always.

+1 I just put a set on the rear of my 2007 Mazda 3 because the previous set dusted so bad.. I've never been unhappy with thermoquiets.

My OE Mazda dealer supplied pads are from Sumitomo.
Mazda really seems to have this equation with all its variables solved appropriately.
Solid initial bite, steady and progressive modulation, and the most dust-free pads I've ever experienced on any marque.

They're excellent but not inexpensive. Value, though, is spot on imho.

NA Miata Front Pad.JPG

Well thank you looks like I have a couple choices here Yes all of mine are wore the same

I think also the higher quality pad manufacturers do a better job of making sure the pad ear is the proper shape and no extra blobs of paint. Should never need to grind or file the pad ear on quality pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back