Magpul bipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
My local store started carrying these, got their first two in yesterday, one for a pic rail, the other MLOK. I grabbed the pic rail version to replace the steaming pile that is the Caldwell that has been on my CDX-33. I paid $179 for it (plus tax) so pretty reasonably priced IMHO.

Some pics:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

First thing that's a huge improvement is that the legs lock. This rifle is well north of 30lbs and the recoil causes the legs on the Caldwell to collapse if you don't lift the rifle to let them straighten again after every shot. Did I mention it was garbage?
lol.gif
I'll have a range report once I load some more for it. I shot all the rounds I made last weekend, so it's back to the bench, I think I still have another 50 projectiles left.

Last shot of it with the Caldwell from last weekend and the result of a Hornady 225gr projectile impacting a loaded fire extinguisher
grin.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by AZjeff
That looks good and has the Magpul look. Are the outer legs plastic? Seems to be around $100 in the US, is the exchange rate poor right now?

We always get screwed on exchange, and yes, it's pretty bad unfortunately.

Regarding the legs, yes, they appear to be a plastic material.

It LOOKS cheap as all get out, but I think I heard that the legs are steel reinforced and that they put a lot of thought and engineering into the design, so they SHOULD be good. I will probably put one on one of my rifles that currently lacks a bipod.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
It LOOKS cheap as all get out, but I think I heard that the legs are steel reinforced and that they put a lot of thought and engineering into the design, so they SHOULD be good. I will probably put one on one of my rifles that currently lacks a bipod.

Not as cheap looking as the Caldwell
lol.gif

I would have loved to buy the CADEX one, but sweet Jesus, I could buy 3x of these for the price of it.

Is it just the finish, or is there either some cast iron or at least cast pot metal in there?

Jealous of the snow.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Is it just the finish, or is there either some cast iron or at least cast pot metal in there?

Jealous of the snow.

The centre section is cast, just the legs are plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back