Traded my '16 Fiesta for a '12 Prius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone recently asked me in another thread if I traded in my 2016 Ford Fiesta in for an older car with more miles.

Which would you rather have? This car was well maintained and 108k miles is hardly broken in for a Toyota.

I'm getting incredible gas mileage with it. I like the way it rides. It has a hard ride and hard seats like a Honda.

I feel like I like and trust this car more.
And it seems good to get a used car that doesn't need a list of things to be done to it.
That Conoco Phillips FS 0w20 is good until late December.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
If the Fiesta had the dry clutch DCT automatic, that was a good move!

Yup that trans is a mess from what I've read.

Mr_Luke I bet your payment has dropped significantly as well...

I believe The_Critic indicated that that Toyota 1.8 is more prone to HG failures than the previous 1.5; That being said as an owner of aging models from both mfg; I'd put my faith in the Yota for the long haul if that is your intent. I would drive my 2004 coast to coast without hesitation if I had a need.

My neighbor has a newer Prius and I was surprised how nice of a car it was.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
If the Fiesta had the dry clutch DCT automatic, that was a good move!

‘
I think I might be one of those who asked...
cool.gif
Though I get the feeling it was the dual clutch above...which are junk.

You'd be amazed how many 12-15 Focus/Fiestas are in are local scrap yards ...my local dealership will just about scrap any DCT ford unless it has under 50-60k miles on it!

Not going to lie....have a soft spot for the Pri family......
11.gif

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke

Strange because you defended the Fiesta fiercely in the past. Why did you get rid of it ? What didn't you trust about it ?

How long do you normally keep a car, by the way ?

Originally Posted by hallstevenson

Strange because you defended the Fiesta fiercely in the past. Why did you get rid of it ? What didn't you trust about it ?

Yup, that's what I found amusing about this whole saga.

I just felt like trading cars.

Tough tamales if some of you don't like it or me.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

Get a life. Is this all you have to do is roam around from post to post and nit pick and add negative comments?

The 6 speed Powershift DCT all of which where the dry clutch type in North America killed the prospect of buying a used Fiesta for me. Consumer reports ranked the long term reliability of the Fiesta as worst in it's class, when you finish behind sub par cars like the Cobalt and Caliber that's really worrying.

Strange because you defended the Fiesta fiercely in the past.

Why did you get rid of it ?

I felt like trading cars.

What didn't you trust about it ?

Maybe because it's a Ford and the directionals in back didn't have a seperate circuit like most cars I've owned. So when I turned and used the directionals and applied the brakes, someone behind me may not have been able to tell which way I intended to turn.

For all long as I choose to. I've bought or traded cars 4 times in the last 3.5 years which is the most ever for me. I enjoyed each car a lot. They were in better shape after me owning them than when I got them. Do I plan to keep trading cars every 8 months? No. I'd say there is a much higher chance of me keeping the Prius. I had one car for over 10 years.

Get a life. Is this all you have to do is roam around from post to post and nit pick and add negative comments?

Please. Get a thicker skin stud, I recall reading your previous thread and simply found this amusing, if you can't find the humour in it, you are REALLY in for a bumpy ride here.

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Off topic, but is your username taken from the NJ thrash metal band Overkill?

Nope, the song by Motorhead.

Please. Get a thicker skin stud, I recall reading your previous thread and simply found this amusing, if you can't find the humour in it, you are REALLY in for a bumpy ride here.

Seriously, per usual, your reply had nothing to do with the topic of my post, and instead made fun of my previous posts and comments. But some of you insist on making off topic mumbo jumbo. If you have nothing to say about the topic of a post, why not move on to some other post where you do have something positive to say? My guess is that you really have a lot of time on your hands.

That said, I would have deleted this whole post a long time ago if I could have. That's what I hate about the format of this forum. Too many of you have nothing better to do than to make this forum your life and to make fun of others for your own kicks.

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Off topic, but is your username taken from the NJ thrash metal band Overkill?

Nope, the song by Motorhead.

That's cool too!

Seriously, as usual, your reply had nothing to do with the topic of my post, and instead insulted my previous posts and comments. But some of you insist on making off topic mumbo jumbo. If you have nothing to say about the topic of a post, why not move on to some other post where you do have something positive to say?

Insulting? I wasn't insulting you at all, I simply said I found it amusing, because I did, based on the previous discussion. There's nothing taboo about remarking on previous comments made by members which are still in recent memory, particularly if they then proceed to do a 180.

On a lighter note, I expect the Prius will serve you quite well; better than the Ford. I know The_Critic has had a few issues with his, but they are generally quite reliable. I'd expect the Fiesta to be a more "fun" car, but I've never really had much time behind the wheel of a Prius, so that comment isn't based on experience, simply perception of audience and feedback from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back