Opinions on Liqui Moly 5W/40 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never ran it but have thought about it, tough oil to buy in the USA at a reasonable price.
As far as my thoughts (which doesnt mean much) from everything I read and seen from this company it might be my oil of choice for spec specific engine applications. They cover all the bases right to exotic sports cars.

Check out their website (yeah, I know, marketing) but specs are specs and they have quite an impressive lineup of products.

Last edited:
I don't know about motorcycles, but It's an outstanding company with products that work, I've used their oil in my MB.
Great bikes the Aprilias!

good stuff, but unless you ride in very cold temps a 5W is not needed as it breaks down faster due to the wide spread viscosity + needs thinner base oils that burn off. USA is awful big what state do you live in + ride.

I live around Houston, Tx. area.

Aprilia strongly recommends 5W/40 for the Tuono. Why i'm not sure but as fragile as these bikes are i'm doing what they suggest...lol

Originally Posted by Morganator
Aprilia strongly recommends 5W/40 for the Tuono. Why i'm not sure but as fragile as these bikes are i'm doing what they suggest...lol

Equally important is any specification or approval. Does it require or recommend a JASO spec as I noted above?

If so, then benjy's comments above are irrelevant. JASO standards require a specific shear stability determined through ASTM D6278. If an oil carries that spec then it will have the required shear stability.

http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/4T_EV1904.pdf

Manual says use brand name oils with performance comparable or greater than specifications ACEA A3-API SL-JASO MA- JASO MA2

Liqui Moly has the same wording on the bottle but only JASO MA2 not JASO MA

Last edited:
Ligui Moly has no moly... virgin oil sample shows what you are buying... (nice of Blackstone to show 40c viscosity of 77.6 cSt)

[Linked Image]

Is that good?...lol

This is actually a good question. You can't tell by a $35 VOA, how you tell is by the approvals and certs the oil has and using the appropriate grade.

Is that good?...lol

Moly or no moly any 40 grade synthetic oil will meet and exceed your mileage expectations...

Aprilia Tuono V4 used oil sample after 3,600 miles... oil is Motul 300V 10W40...

Blackstone comments...
" Thanks for the note. It usually takes a few oil changes before wear-in has a chance to clear out
entirely, and we're taking that into consideration when looking at the aluminum level. It shows wear at the
pistons/clutch in your 1100 V4, and we should see aluminum steadily improve with each consecutive oil
change. Averages show typical wear for the engine type after ~1,700 miles of oil use. The other metals are
already in good standing with the averages. The viscosity is low but these engines tend to (harmlessly)
shear the oil. Check back to see improvements."
[Linked Image]

liquimoly has other viscosities priced fairly delivered from amazon, it dont get any easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back