One for the wagon lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wagons are simply superior to sedans. Once you have one there is no going back. A well sized crossover like the new RAV4 is the new format of wagons with more ground clearance.

All this is why I laughed when people decided to jump off bridges upon reading, "Ford isn't making cars anymore besides the Mustang".

The thing has 4 tires on the ground and a windshield...what's the big deal?

Similarly, if fewer kids damage their brains by NOT playing football then decide in adulthood to watch other things on TV besides football there's no reason to think the world is coming to an end.

As my dear Dad used to say on occasion, "People should stop being stupid".

Flame suit on I suppose.

The Subaru Outback is as close to a wagon as you might get these days.

Now if Subaru would offer fake wood trim sides they would corner the BITOG market.

I've always like Euro wagons. I think VW is bailing out on their wagons in the US entirely which is a shame but if you can't sell them I understand. I am going to try to talk my wife into one but she is wanting an SUV of course.

The KIA Soul is technically labeled a wagon and has sold like crazy, although I'd bet 95% of their owners don't know that.

SUV's are just taller overpriced wagons!! if i were still working i would drive the VW sportwagen in the above pics, manual tranny + being in Pa awd, the base model is a bargain in todays overpriced market IMO!

Originally Posted by KCJeep
I've always like Euro wagons. I think VW is bailing out on their wagons in the US entirely which is a shame but if you can't sell them I understand. I am going to try to talk my wife into one but she is wanting an SUV of course.

The KIA Soul is technically labeled a wagon and has sold like crazy, although I'd bet 95% of their owners don't know that.

The Brits refer to my Clubman as an Estate(wagon).

Originally Posted by JOD
Just a reminder that we can't have have nice things in the US, at least when it comes to wagons...

XF Sportbrake is still available (probably not for long) and decent looking, alas $$$.

But yeah, the US consumer has written off the wagon in favor of SUV long long time ago.

[Linked Image from static.cargurus.com]

[Linked Image from autocar.co.uk]

The Jaguar sportbrake is quite the looker but at over 4,000 lb and a very high price tag you might as well buy something else. A golf sportwagen can come in as low as 3000lb, give you cargo space and high MPG for cheap. The Regal TourX is 3600-3800lb range but comfortable and AWD so we can forgive its heft. The TourX is like half the price of the Jag and better MPG too. Maybe someday i will get the XF for my sportwagen collection if they get cheap enough.

Originally Posted by dishdude
No wagons!
37.gif

You're driving a wagon!

It's just a taller one, so it handles worse.

And you call it something different, to feel better about your purchase.

But that Tiguan is a wagon...

Originally Posted by maxdustington
The worst of both worlds: Long body of a truck or SUV with the visibility of a car.

Best of both worlds: Interior room and cargo capacity of an SUV. MPG and handling of a car.

Originally Posted by dareo
A golf sportwagen can come in as low as 3000lb, give you cargo space and high MPG for cheap.

Alas already discontinued, just like the TourX, which I do like.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by maxdustington
The worst of both worlds: Long body of a truck or SUV with the visibility of a car.

Best of both worlds: Interior room and cargo capacity of an SUV. MPG and handling of a car.
Agreed wholeheartedly!

Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Guess I'll just have to hang on to my ancient longroof...
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I really like that car. Seriously considered buying one when they were new, but had way too much going on in my life, and way too little money for a new car. Loved the fact that a manual was available, too...

Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by IronMaidenRules
Guess I'll just have to hang on to my ancient longroof...
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I really like that car. Seriously considered buying one when they were new, but had way too much going on in my life, and way too little money for a new car. Loved the fact that a manual was available, too...

Finding one with a stick took some patience and vigilance, but I found one after a couple months and I got it for a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back