my new Weather Tech front floor mats. PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered them last week and they just came in today. Too pricy but high quality.
[Linked Image]

Molded perfectly to the floor.

Last edited:
Nice. I have them in my truck, front and back. To clean them, use a good APC. I've tried 303, Hyper-Dressing and Sonus Motorkote. The problem with using a dressing is they become slippery. I may just leave them as is next time.

Originally Posted by buster
Nice. I have them in my truck, front and back. To clean them, use a good APC. I've tried 303, Hyper-Dressing and Sonus Motorkote. The problem with using a dressing is they become slippery. I may just leave them as is next time.

I probably will use dish washing liquid with warm water.

I had a set for yrs in my '06 Fusion. They were awesome! They cleaned up in no time - a bristle brush and Simple Green, then hose off and they'd look great.

They are good, we've had them 10+ years on our Flex. Funny to watch the installation video from these guys, they get a BIT repetitious about how to install them...watch it for a giggle.

Along the left side there is a strip of carpet not covered. That will get a lot of dirt. And a few other places. They should bring the left side up more. You ought to be able to get in with muddy boots dragging them from door sill to floor mat and no carpet should get dirty.

While different vehicles, I thought Husky covered better. No question the WeatherTech are well made.

Sold my Forester with WeatherTech mats. The carpeting was in really good shape under the mats.

Gave the purchaser a set of new Forester mats in plastic, unopened.

I put the WeatherTech mats in at the dealer after signing papers.

So some kind of floor mat that holds the winter crap helps to make vehicle more salable.

Pricy but if you live in an arctic swamp like the Rustbelt they just rock. ALL the muck water mud and salt stays in the tray so you can dump it rather than grind it into the carpet. No more big mess vacuuming carpets because you dumped all those little stone with the tray. Unlike the others I've used forever if you are careful and use 2 hands you never spill a drop. The single drawback is price . The family has 3 💸💸💸sets.

Originally Posted by Donald
Along the left side there is a strip of carpet not covered. That will get a lot of dirt. And a few other places. They should bring the left side up more. You ought to be able to get in with muddy boots dragging them from door sill to floor mat and no carpet should get dirty.

While different vehicles, I thought Husky covered better. No question the WeatherTech are well made.

Sold my Forester with WeatherTech mats. The carpeting was in really good shape under the mats.

So some kind of floor mat that holds the winter crap helps to make vehicle more salable.

I don't drag my feet across the door sill.

Sis gave me a big % of the $ from selling her ancient pick-up.
I bought her Weather-Techs for her '88 XJ. GREAT fit.

She gave me similar $ from selling the '88 XJ
I bought her the same Weather-Techs for her '99 XJ. GREAT fit.

She gave me similar tip $ for selling her '99 XJ.
I bought her Huskey liners for her 2012 Mazda3. GREAT fit.

I bought 3-D Maxpider Kagu Mats for spouse's 2016 Mazda3. PERFECT fit.

So I buy Husky liners for my "NTM" 2005 Ranger. MEDIOCRE fit at best. Has a big sill gap.

Oh well. Glad you're happy with yours.
Re price: You get what you pay for. They know that so they up the price for good stuff.

Originally Posted by tig1

I was providing an example. I do not think I drag my feet over the door sill either. But snow, ice, dirt and mud does fall off your boots in bad weather as you are getting in the vehicle. Anyway the strip on the left did get a lot of dirt on it and some gets under the WeatherTech floor mats.

I was providing an example. I do not think I drag my feet over the door sill either. But snow, ice, dirt and mud does fall off your boots in bad weather as you are getting in the vehicle. Anyway the strip on the left did get a lot of dirt on it and some gets under the WeatherTech floor mats.

I'm not concerned about my vehicles being more saleable. I typically drive my cars out in regard to $value. I do take good care of my rides, but most of mine have a lot of miles on them when the next guy gets the keys. Usually friends or relatives. The only reason I bought these was for the ease of vacuuming them.

Originally Posted by buster

I probably will use dish washing liquid with warm water.

I had my Sonata almost 3 years with my Husky Liners. When hand washing the car I'd just pop them out and wipe them down with the leftover car wash soap, then hose them off and use a terry towel to dry them off. Looked brand new. Don't use dressing as buster said, way too slippery.

After I was rear ended and the body shop fixed my bumper, they were trying to be nice and cleaned up the inside of the car and Armor-All'ed the floor mats. Was very dangerous.

Originally Posted by Marco620
I had my Weather Techs,KN Cabin filter and AEM Dryflow within three days of buying my Civic. They were worth the money no question.

With 300,000 miles, hows the wear on them? Any heel wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back