Any Chris Stapleton fans in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My oldest son turned me on to him a couple months ago.
I'd A bet a paycheck he was Texas outlaw trash because I'm down for his music and usually this kinda music comes out of Texas. Well..., not so but he's still top shelf imho.
I guess 40 years of tramping around Texas Oklahoma
Nebraska Iowa Minnesota and South Dakota living out of motels and a suite case makes this kind of music meaningful.
What's your Chris Stapleton play list?

Last edited:
I had $150 x2 concert tickets a few months ago. I decided to stay home and jump in the hot tub instead and lose $300.

I loved him before he got famous. Loved. Now he is just another played out Luke Bryan.

What does that mean?

I like the guy. It's just that the radio plays his songs every 7th song. It's annoying and played out.

The guy is a treasure and is talented no doubt ...

No.. it's your situation. What ever works for you.
I don't listen to country stations at all so this is all new music to us. If you gave up $300 worth of tickets ... well
That's on you I don't care. I like his music and just would like to see play lists from the peeps that like and appreciate what he brings to the table.

P10crew: asks a question on world wide web

bubbatime: gives honest opinion

P10crew: gets defensive for no real reason

Sounds about right...

Hey wool not at all! I respect his opinion. I think you kind of took things out of context here.

My take is that Chris Stapleton is a great song writer but a mediocre singer. He sounds Nasally and his music is southern rock, not country.

I was a big fan when he was with The Steeldrivers but haven't followed him since he became famous. I'm more of a bluegrass fan than modern country. He has a bluesy style when he sings bluegrass, putting the blues into bluegrass is what I used to say about him when he was with The Steeldrivers.

Funny thing is when he left The Steeldrivers he gave his reason as wanting to spend more time with his family instead of on the road. I suspect that was an excuse considering how quickly he ended up where he is today. After he left The Steeldrivers they replaced him with another singer who obviously tries to imitate Stapleton's style but it is obvious he is trying TOO hard to sound like him (although lately he has toned it down a little).

Originally Posted by P10crew
My oldest son turned me on to him a couple months ago.
I'd A bet a paycheck he was Texas outlaw trash because I'm down for his music and usually this kinda music comes out of Texas. Well..., not so but he's still top shelf imho.
I guess 40 years of tramping around Texas Oklahoma
Nebraska Iowa Minnesota and South Dakota living out of motels and a suite case makes this kind of music meaningful.
What's your Chris Stapleton play list?

i have recently started listening to his music after a friend was playing his songs one day on a car trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back