pdf to jpeg?

I got my VOA from blackstonelabs but cant post it cause its a pdf file. How do I convert it and how do I delete old post?

If you're using Windows, Snipping Tool or Snip and Sketch are quick and easy.

Originally Posted by rollinpete
Here you go.
click here

Gave this a try with an old .jpg file to .pdf and Chrome lit up with "dangerous site" in bright scary red. I'm sure that this is just a warning designed to tip me off that uploading files for conversion might be dangerous, but it scared me off. Anyone used this long term? Looks very useful.

Easiest way to do this over the long haul is just install one of the various print-to-image print drivers out there.

If you need more control you can use an app to convert it, but for example here is an app but you don't need it to just use the print to image driver that comes with it. If you're more familiar with photoshop or whatever other image editing app, then you can further do what you want to the image after just opening it in a PDF reader and printing it (as an image with the bundled driver), whether it be cropping, custom resolution, compressing down to a certain JPG quality level to adhere to the max file size limits some forums have for attachments, etc.

https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator

Last edited:
Originally Posted by csandste
Originally Posted by rollinpete
Here you go.
click here

Gave this a try with an old .jpg file to .pdf and Chrome lit up with "dangerous site" in bright scary red. I'm sure that this is just a warning designed to tip me off that uploading files for conversion might be dangerous, but it scared me off. Anyone used this long term? Looks very useful.

About 6 months ago I used it to go from a pdf to a jpg. Had no problem.

Originally Posted by mpack88
I got my VOA from blackstonelabs but cant post it cause its a pdf file.

Just use the Picture Uploader and upload the PDF directly to BITOG. No need to convert to image.

See sample attached.

Just pray and hope links to these files don't get broken when forum software goes through an update.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 6
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by mpack88
I got my VOA from blackstonelabs but cant post it cause its a pdf file.

Just use the Picture Uploader and upload the PDF directly to BITOG. No need to convert to image.

See sample attached.

I know this forum software is pretty minimal but I'd really hope it supports PDF attachments and it appears it does.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Just take a photo of it with a digital camera and post that picture.
Please, no. The OP has the file in digital format already and can be converted flawlessly to a usable format. Don't overcomplicate things going this route plus ending up with a worse quality image.
Originally Posted by Dave9
Easiest way to do this over the long haul is just install one of the various print-to-image print drivers out there.

Yes, this is an excellent method to use. Ironically, it's been supported natively in Windows for a couple versions, hasn't it ? And before that, you've been able to install a "PDF printer driver" like you linked. On Macs, it's been built-in for like, forever.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Ironically, it's been supported natively in Windows for a couple versions, hasn't it ?

Not to my knowledge.

Originally Posted by Dave9

Ironically, it's been supported natively in Windows for a couple versions, hasn't it ? And before that, you've been able to install a "PDF printer driver" like you linked. On Macs, it's been built-in for like, forever.

I just checked my Windows 10 computer, and ironically I can print a .jpg file to a PDF file but not a PDF to .jpg.

Just take a photo of it with a digital camera and post that picture.
Please, no. The OP has the file in digital format already and can be converted flawlessly to a usable format. Don't overcomplicate things going this route plus ending up with a worse quality image.

I take a screenshot of something on my monitor with my camera when for some reason the website prevents you from printing a page or printing like it appears on the screen. Never have a problem.

I take a screenshot of something on my monitor with my camera

Why not just take a proper screenshot then, with the PrintScreen key?

Thank yall for the suggestions see I'm a 31-year old millennial that's not exactly computer savvy but I know how to drive a stick shift car.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
I take a screenshot of something on my monitor with my camera

Why not just take a proper screenshot then, with the PrintScreen key?

Then you're limited to a screen's very low resolution which would only be suitable for limited on-screen viewing.

Back