Great deal on a handheld battery tester!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just came today from Amazon:

Autool BT-460 Automotive Battery Tester

Many different sellers had this same unit, some for twice the price. So I went ahead and ordered this one. Much to my surprise, at checkout there was another $9.30 discount! $23.43 out the door sounded great to me, and on top of that the seller shipped it NEXT DAY UPS! The shipping alone had to cost 3 times what I paid for the unit!

I tested it against our nicer battery tester at the shop, and it's perfect. Same readings within a couple percent.

Hopefully this is useful for anyone who just wants an inexpensive battery tester around the house or for their personal use at work.

That was quick- I would've taken one at that price.

However I have been looking for a tester that can handle remote terminals. It seems like no one other than Midtronics has this feature.

That went fast! Wow...

No more Prime shipping either. That's the strangest thing!

Originally Posted by Donald
Does not say if it provides the internal resistance. The Autel one for about the same price provides that.

I can confirm that it does provide internal resistance in the test results.

I ordered but it has not yet shipped. I jumped on it because I read it as Autel instead of Autool :) For the price, I don't mind. No idea if it will get shipped or get cancelled.

Ha Ha Ha

The Autool really got me! The tester come with really hefty looking alligator battery clamps and looks like they could be used to jump start the vehicle. The only problem is that the other end of the cable has DB25 connector which hooks up to the handheld meter. Have you ever looked at the size of those pins inside a DB25 connector? You could NOT even jump start an iPhone with that current.

I could NOT stop laughing. Serves me right for jumping on "a smoking deal" :)

Last edited:
I bought the Schumacher BT100 and love it and it works pretty good and you can get at Walmart for under 40 bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back