Is Conoco-Philips FS ow20 Good Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just learned this is the oil that was put into my 2012 Prius. It's full synthetic 0w20.
The Acura / Mazda dealership buys it in bulk and evidently if it's good enough for Acura and Mazda cars it should be good enough for my Prius.

If this is good I should be all set until about late December of this year.
I only drive up to about 5000 miles per year.

DSC_1186.JPG

What specs does the OEM require?
What approvals does the oil carry?

If the oil meets the manufacturer specifications, then it is a good oil.

Originally Posted by Imp4

Someone here said my car needs ILSAC GF5.
I'll look into the Conoco oil now.

CP reportedly makes Honda Genuine full syn for what that's worth. Part no.-9037.

Plus CP makes Motorcraft oils which seem to be highly regarded here.

Conoco Phillips had at one time made Motorcraft oil if I recall. Not sure if they still do or not. Good oil to use regardless if they don't still supply Ford and Lincoln.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Originally Posted by Imp4

Someone here said my car needs ILSAC GF5.
I'll look into the Conoco oil now.

Just about every API rated SN/SN+ 0w-20 oil is also ILSAC GF5.
Take your pick.

Glad to hear it.

I swapped 3 Federated filters for my Fiesta for 3 for the Prius : the Federated PG4476F made by Premium Guard (about $2.17 each). He had one other for the same Prius, a made by Hastings for about $5 more. He showed it to me and they looked almost identical only the Federated has plastic covering the open end to keep it clean inside before you install it. They're both tiny oil filters and the one on the car now is too. It's blue and white but I can't tell what brand it is. It may be a Federated also. So in late December I guess I'll run one of these oil filters with the FS 0w20 oil of my choice.

I drove it up on ramps and looked under there.
I think it would take me about 10 minutes to change the oil & filter but I'm going to run this CP FS oil for a year.

Nice find Luke for your 2012. The Conoco is probably very similar to Motorcraft oil. 1Y/5K'ish OCI sounds good too.
I'm not familiar with the Federated filter. Hoping it serves you well for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back