Kent KZ2600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, Im in need of a new bike as my current on is falling apart and not worth putting money in to repairs. A co worker has a NIB Kent KZ2600 willing to sell for 100 bucks. At this time in my life I just ride around with the family on paved roads and campground roads and the occasional off road trail. Is this a decent bicycle for all around dad duty for 100 bucks? I believe this bike retails for 200 new and this is still in the box never opened. Thoughts?

This was a prize won at work before Christmas, I actually delivered it to his house because he has a small car. He dident pay for it so I think it kinda works out for both of us. In the spring I was going to look for a fat tire bike but this option seems to make more sense.

I'd rather see a bike with no suspension for $199, you get a better bike and don't need the suspension for your use but if you take care of it you should be able to get all of your money back. It should be fine for your casual use.

KENT KZ2600

20200110_124905.jpg

Last edited:
My thoughts? That bike will disappoint. Bikes with a full suspension absorb more energy when pedaling requiring more effort to ride it.
And 26" tires are a thing of the past and only on the cheapest bikes sold new today.

For a cheap, but decent bike which you can order in different frame sizes to suit your height perfectly, this is hard to beat at $199 which includes shipping.
It has modern 700C tires. Yes, there are better bikes for more money, but this is perfectible suitable.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/dawes/eclipse-city-bikes.htm

[Linked Image]

That's a decent bike but he might not have much fun on the occasional off road trail. The Kent is funky with the disc on the front and v-brakes on the back.

If you really want a fat tire bike why not get it now and skip the between bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back