Got a 2012 Prius C

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 108k miles. Clean CARFAX and was serviced at a Toyota dealership every 5k miles.
It's got some scratches and dings but not bad. I treated many of them with rust inhibitor.
It's got a round dent under the passenger side mirror, almost like a bullet hit it.
I was going to get it fixed, now I think I'll just put some OEM touch up paint on it and live with it.
The dent doesn't look as bad as it would if a car had ran into it.

It doesn't show too bad does it?

DSC_1187.JPG

DSC_1186.JPG

DSC_1188.JPG

DSC_1185.JPG

Looks pretty clean.

I picked up a dent removal kit from Amazon for 50 bucks removed two dings on the truck, one on the WS6, two on the Malibu and two on the Caprice.
Also remove three from the Neighbors Ram 3500 and one from his wife's car. Was easy, worked well and paid for itself already.
Might be worth a try.

You could fill it with body filler and sand and top with touch up paint..wouldnt be hard to do. Either way, it looks good and with buying used you cant have it all, you end up withsome imperfections. Either way it looks good
smile.gif
Enjoy!

I'm a big believer in paintless dent removal. Much better than fill and paint. I paid $50 to have 4 dents removed from a door. It looks perfect.

I asked who a dealership uses to remove dents and then contacted him. I had to drive to his house on a Saturday morning.

Suggest you look into it.

Originally Posted by ecotourist
I'm a big believer in paintless dent removal. Much better than fill and paint. I paid $50 to have 4 dents removed from a door. It looks perfect.

I asked who a dealership uses to remove dents and then contacted him. I had to drive to his house on a Saturday morning.

Suggest you look into it.

Absolutely ! Take a couple detailed pictures and after calling send them to the guy. It looks pretty sharp and deep so he may tell you right off it won't work. The usual rule is that it didn't buckle the tin enough to break the paint . One thing certain though. That is in a perfect place for him to easily get at and work the dent. I watched a guy once remove a gnarly deep shopping cart ding right on the door crease of a vette. It was deep but he had it perfect in 10 minutes using a set of long picks. If possible that's the best route no question.

Nice little car. Yes, I would get the dent repaired and it looks like it might need some putty and touch up paint. I don't think dentless repair will fix that one but it might. Since there is some black showing it looks like it went down to the primer. I would definitely fix it because the car looks great except for the ding. I wouldn't pay too much and try to tackle it on your own if you have the save to take it on otherwise it might cost you a $150 or more. Looks like you take nice care of your car.

Nice car ! :)

I do not live in the rust / salt belt , so I would not worry about that . You have been given some great advice . Take your pick and enjoy the car .

By the way , what MPG are you getting ?

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Looks pretty clean.

I picked up a dent removal kit from Amazon for 50 bucks removed two dings on the truck, one on the WS6, two on the Malibu and two on the Caprice.
Also remove three from the Neighbors Ram 3500 and one from his wife's car. Was easy, worked well and paid for itself already.
Might be worth a try.

How does it work, by using a filler?

Originally Posted by Rolla07
You could fill it with body filler and sand and top with touch up paint..wouldnt be hard to do. Either way, it looks good and with buying used you cant have it all, you end up with some imperfections. Either way it looks good
smile.gif
Enjoy!

Thanks. Yes, they usually hold up well and are apt to get some signs of use.

The raging pumpkin sounds like a good name for it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
Nice little car. Yes, I would get the dent repaired and it looks like it might need some putty and touch up paint. I don't think dentless repair will fix that one but it might. Since there is some black showing it looks like it went down to the primer. I would definitely fix it because the car looks great except for the ding. I wouldn't pay too much and try to tackle it on your own if you have the save to take it on otherwise it might cost you a $150 or more. Looks like you take nice care of your car.

I treated the deep scratches with rust stop which is why they now look black. Now I'm going to get some OEM touch up for it and maybe just touch up the deep dent and live with it, or even fill it in and touch up over it. .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Nice car ! :)

I do not live in the rust / salt belt , so I would not worry about that . You have been given some great advice . Take your pick and enjoy the car .

By the way , what MPG are you getting ?

I seem to average about 50 MPG so far.

Close up it looks awful but get 10 or 20 feet away from it and IMHO the car looks good and the dent doesn't show up a lot.
I treated it with Rust Stop and will paint it over with touch up paint for now. Perhaps I'll be OK with it this way or may fill it in and touch it up later.
The car came from the Allentown PA area. I live in Upper East TN. The car is garaged most of the time.
I don't even like to take it out on snow, which we don't often get here.

[Linked Image]

I'd like to own one of these cars. But they've held their value a little too well and aren't in my second car fun money budget.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Originally Posted by ls1mike
Looks pretty clean.

Might be worth a try.

How does it work, by using a filler?

Here is the exact kit I picked up. Buddies RAM had a really deep one on crease and unless you know it was there you wouldn't know.
I was really skeptical at first, but it was easy and worked awesome.

Dent Removal kit.

I had 4 dents in a row similar to your dent, though possibly not as deep. For $50 they were all gone.

If you have it done, my suggestion is don't watch. He drilled a hole in the end of the door, did lots of pushing on long rods inside the door, hammered from the outside to get it level, more pushing, more hammering, then sanded the paint with coarse sandpaper (!) down to fine grit, then sudden perfection. I think it's a skill job.

Soooo, what happened to your 2016 Ford Fiesta ?

Gotta ask, because you repeatedly said silly stuff like this ...

" ... That must be why carcomplaints.com selected the 2016 Ford Fiesta as one of the best cars.

Many of you don't read the replies before you reply. You just keep beating that dead horse that you don't like Fords and even though you never owned a 2016 Fiesta, it's got to be a piece of junk.

Some of you guys seem to have minds of your own. If you think the 2016 Fiesta is bad, compare it to certain Hondas, MOPAR, or Nissans on carcomplaints.com, for example.

I trust my own intuition more than what a few of you naysayers say.

... but it's a Fiesta and all the bad you say about them is not backed up by factual evidence. "

Guess you changed your mind !

Originally Posted by geeman789
Soooo, what happened to your 2016 Ford Fiesta ?

Gotta ask, because you repeatedly said silly stuff like this ...

" ... That must be why carcomplaints.com selected the 2016 Ford Fiesta as one of the best cars.

Many of you don't read the replies before you reply. You just keep beating that dead horse that you don't like Fords and even though you never owned a 2016 Fiesta, it's got to be a piece of junk.

Some of you guys seem to have minds of your own. If you think the 2016 Fiesta is bad, compare it to certain Hondas, MOPAR, or Nissans on carcomplaints.com, for example.

I trust my own intuition more than what a few of you naysayers say.

... but it's a Fiesta and all the bad you say about them is not backed up by factual evidence. "

Guess you changed your mind !

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back