Car of the stars and their prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Dave Ramsey paid cash for that $80k truck, as he said everyone should do for everything (including houses)? It is easy to not use credit when you are loaded, like he is.

Originally Posted by wallyuwl
I wonder if Dave Ramsey paid cash for that $80k truck, as he said everyone should do for everything (including houses)? It is easy to not use credit when you are loaded, like he is.

That's a nice truck.

Last edited:

Dave Ramsey makes money by telling people things. Not by actually doing them. While I admire his ingenuity in creating this job for himself, and don't wish him anything but the best, I don't look up to people who have "do nothing" jobs. He's like a pastor, basically, in essence. He makes people feel good and they pay him for t hat service. He just worked the deity aspect out of the picture is all.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Dave Ramsey makes money by telling people things. Not by actually doing them. While I admire his ingenuity in creating this job for himself, and don't wish him anything but the best, I don't look up to people who have "do nothing" jobs. He's like a pastor, basically, in essence. He makes people feel good and they pay him for t hat service. He just worked the deity aspect out of the picture is all.

I wouldn't call his Job a "do nothing" job. He makes a great living helping people get out of debt and get their finances under control. Just because he is a successful author and reaches far more people than a normal financial advisor doesn't mean he hasn't created an important service and role. While I don't 100% agree with his investing advice, his steps to get out of debt has created an incredible amount of net worth millionaires because his plan creates discipline, one of the most important factors in goal setting.

As for the $80k truck paying cash for Dave is like most of us buying a meal at Wendy's.

The link below is the new $70 million dollar Ramsey Solutions building paid for in cash sitting on 47 acres in Franklin, TN which was also bought for $10.8 million in cash. That's over $80 million in cash, totally insane. Google still states his net worth @ $55 million. It's probably closer to 1/2 a Billion as Ramsey Solutions reportedly does about $200 million a year in revenue. I'd be interested to see the profit margins.

Ramsey Solution Headquarters

Last edited:
Guess you could say the credit industry made ramsey.
without it & bad decisions where would he be?

Common sense is not so common lately that's why people like Ramsey exist. If it wasn't for a regular Ramsey shower caller, economy would crash. I watch his shows sometimes but not to listen to what he says but hear those calling - good laughs most of the time.

Originally Posted by parshisa
Common sense is not so common lately that's why people like Ramsey exist. If it wasn't for a regular Ramsey shower caller, economy would crash. I watch his shows sometimes but not to listen to what he says but hear those calling - good laughs most of the time.

Sort of like watching Dr. Phil. You see some of those train wrecks out there and it makes you own issues seem completely trivial. Every now and then you pick up some tip you never thought of that makes perfect sense.
The basic message from Ramsay is simple . Don't spend more than you have coming in and SAVE, invest whatever. Also investing in cars is no way to save unless you are Jay Leno.

I think it's cool that Dave Ramsey drives a Raptor. Like he always states on his show...live like no-one else so you can live like no-one else. I am sure he worked very hard in his early years just like most hard working people. Thanks for sharing that.
cheers3.gif

I have a lot more respect for Dave Ramsey than guys like Jerry Springer, Maury Povitch etc....at least Ramsey is wealthy from offering good advice.....these other guys are wealthy from exposing fools for people to laugh at...for their own profit...

Think about it....if people in other countries judged Americans by those 'showcased' on Jerry Springer....

So, does Brad Pitt drive an Aston, or a Tesla Model S? (Probably both). And Shaq.....Ford or Caddy? The guys at LikeItViral don't know their cars very well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by pbm
I have a lot more respect for Dave Ramsey than guys like Jerry Springer, Maury Povitch etc....at least Ramsey is wealthy from offering good advice.....these other guys are wealthy from exposing fools for people to laugh at...for their own profit...

Think about it....if people in other countries judged Americans by those 'showcased' on Jerry Springer....

I agree. Ramsey is well known and respected. The same cannot be said for many celebrities who only care about themselves and their images.

Most people really don't care what the Kardooshians drive. They probably change cars as fast as they change relationships.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Exactly.

Plus anyone with financial sense knows spending that much on a depreciating asset is not the smartest thing in the world.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by pbm

I agree. Ramsey is well known and respected. The same cannot be said for many celebrities who only care about themselves and their images.

Most people really don't care what the Kardooshians drive. They probably change cars as fast as they change relationships.

That made me
lol.gif

Dave Ramsey is for people who got into credit trouble; there are a lot of them.
This is why I believe personal finance should be taught in school.
No one should get outta grade school without a basic understanding of banking, credit cards, etc.
No one should get outta high school without an understanding of personal investments and time value of money.

Credit is a tool. Used corretly it can help you; used incorretly it can hurt you.
Education should help people in their lives; give kids a fighting chance.
It's not how much you make; it's what you do with it.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Dave Ramsey is for people who got into credit trouble; there are a lot of them.
This is why I believe personal finance should be taught in school.
No one should get outta grade school without a basic understanding of banking, credit cards, etc.
No one should get outta high school without an understanding of personal investments and time value of money.

Credit is a tool. Used corretly it can help you; used incorretly it can hurt you.
Education should help people in their lives; give kids a fighting chance.
It's not how much you make; it's what you do with it.

Absolutely!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back