Treatment For Rubber Door Trim Seals ?

What is your favorite liquid treatment for cleaning / nourishing the rubber door trim seals on your vehicles ?

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
What is your favorite liquid treatment for cleaning / nourishing the rubber door trim seals on your vehicles ?

I wipe them down with 303 Aerospace Protectant. It has always seemed to do well. My 21 year old Mercedes seals show no signs of drying out or cracking. I'd say on average, it was treated maybe once every couple of years. My 08 Jeep has been treated probably 2 to 3 times a year and its seals all look like new.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by Trav
From any Honda dealer..

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Hond...d=1578605107&s=automotive&sr=1-2

+1 It works great and lasts.

+2 This is what I use. A little goes a long way. Do not apply it heavy thinking extra is better. You will be coming back wiping the extra off and this stuff ain't cheap,

I also use 303 like many people use a cold beer at the golf course after 18 in July.

BMW used to make/package a glycerin-based rubber care product in a tube that was a gel that would liquefy when applied. Neat stuff.

But, since it was discontinued, the next best thing I've found is nextzett's rubber care product . The applicator sucks, but the product is good.

I have 303 and Sil-Glide on hand, and have used #40, but for this particular task, none have been as good, especially in keeping old rubber pliable.

Also, when allowed to dry properly after application, they leave little to no residue, so the edges of frameless windows don't get smudged.

But, still wish the original BMW Gummi-Pflege was still available.

I just use various brands of dashboard wipes … just got some Firestone wipes on clearance

Originally Posted by IndyFan

I wipe them down with 303 Aerospace Protectant. It has always seemed to do well. My 21 year old Mercedes seals show no signs of drying out or cracking. I'd say on average, it was treated maybe once every couple of years. My 08 Jeep has been treated probably 2 to 3 times a year and its seals all look like new.

I have 303 Aerospace , so I believe that's the one I'll try ...

How is rubber nourished?

Back