Tirebuyer failing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days and 3 email submissions later and still no 5% coupon in any of my inboxes. Online chat has said no agents available for the past week. I emailed customer support and got an auto reply back saying they are on a 3-5 day response schedule. I think I'm going to pony up the extra $50 I would have saved and throw my local guy the business since he carries the General RT43's. I could buy from Amazon and get my 5% cash back, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check Walmart, they have some good prices. Town Fair tire and others will price match. Overpriced Tire rack blows and will not, they claim its a race to the bottom.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Trav
Check Walmart, they have some good prices. Town Fair tire and others will price match. Overpriced Tire rack blows and will not, they claim its a race to the bottom.
crazy2.gif

Walmart is the same price for RT43's as everyone else.

Tirebuyer.com is run by American Tire Distributors, which is who a lot of local tire shops get their tires from. They compete online with the same places they sell tires to wholesale for close to the same price. The tire shops are also the tire installers for Tirebuyer.

Last edited:
I bought a set from them 3 months ago and it went smoothly, order was promptly shipped to a local installer, but I didn't need any interaction with a human there.

I wonder if you are seeing low price then expecting the same level of service as a place that charges more to include that overhead?

If that 5% was for an email submission/signup, did you check your spam folders?

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
crazy2.gif

Walmart is the same price for RT43's as everyone else.

Watch them they roll back prices a lot you just don't know when and for how long. I picked up some Continentals that were $129+ everywhere else for $65 ea last Sept on rollback, drove 13 miles and picked them up tax and shipping free. 5 were available and now I have a full size spare also and 0 are available.

Originally Posted by Dave9

If that 5% was for an email submission/signup, did you check your spam folders?

Yes, all 3 email addresses I used. Clearly they are backed up or overloaded from an IT standpoint since their chat has been unavailable for a while too.

I subscribed with a new email address yesterday as a test, and I too, did not receive any welcome or 5% off code email.

However 3 months ago when I made a purchase, I did promptly receive an order submitted email, an order shipped email, and an order delivered email. They were already delivered to the installer about 26 hours after purchase.

Last edited:
Rt43's vary widely in price.

I buy mine late august-October during Walmart tire clearance

New treads for $25-$50 can't be beat

You got RT43's for $50 a tire? Daaaang.

BTW, I did finally get my oder in through Tirebuyer. Still no promo code for 5% but I used the Honey app and it found a 7% coupon code!!! 205-55-16 H rated for $382 out the door. Plus I get 1% on my credit card so 8% discount not too bad. Will probably take them to my local guy for installation.

BTW here is the code that got me 7% MOBILE7

crazy2.gif

Tirerack though has budget to perform tire tests by using tracks local to their offices and flying to Northern Europe and actually compare tires. It ain't free to do that. Tirerack reminds me of Crutchfield for electronics, pricier but knowledgable.

Tirebuyers, Walmart and Town Fair is bottom of barrel but pricing is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back