Centric GCX Rotors

The finish reminds me of the smooth, semi-glossy finish found on Bosch Quietcast rotors.

The price is marginally more than Centric's 121 ctek economy rotors.

The box that the rotors come in is also really really nice. Much nicer than the box used for their Premium Rotors.

https://www.apcautotech.com/getmedia/e930cfc7-04e7-4503-9dd5-8addbd725a4c/GCXSS.pdf

578BB2D8-2BE1-4E62-AC45-992589925219.jpeg

8020EED9-57B7-4AA1-A346-3BCA7F78AA5B.jpeg

3BEF2C20-1282-4BC9-9821-56D7C106CFAE.jpeg

4650DB97-B238-4B73-AEC7-E0407F58040F.jpeg

B48FD756-D4F6-467E-8456-B8075D34566D.jpeg

Originally Posted by Kira
Did they shoot the paint into the cooling veins?

I was thinking about painting my veins black for heat dissipation.

Vanes on mine look coated, as is the inside parking brake shoe area. Only the pad friction area doesn't have much on it.

The Ram 3500 in my sig is getting a front set of the eBay zinc plated drilled & slotted rotors from Brakemotive-they've done really well on the front of my xB for several years with no rust. This is going to be the test if coated can hold up as well.

Same packaging and coating as Meyle, Textar Bosch, and the Raybestos recently posted. The spray pattern matches the Akebonos zinc coating, the others are more completely coated, and also comes packaged the exact same way. Ive used these a few times with no issues.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Audios
Same packaging and coating as Meyle, Textar Bosch, and the Raybestos recently posted. The spray pattern matches the Akebonos zinc coating, the others are more completely coated, and also comes packaged the exact same way. Ive used these a few times with no issues.

I suspect that many companies are using the same vendor in China.

Originally Posted by Kira
I was thinking about painting my veins black for heat dissipation.

Must... resist... smart alek... remarks...

The partial coating is weird
crazy2.gif

I read the PDF attachment. Apparently they like the partial coating for ceramic pads and full coating for semi-metallic. Most companies offer only the full-coated rotors for all pad types. I used the Power Stop Geomet coated rotors with Raybestos ceramic pads, and there are no problems.

Yes, I know the coating on the swept area isn't really necessary since it comes off the first time you hit the brakes

From the last pic you posted, it appears the inside hat where it meets the hub is uncoated
mad.gif

This isn't a problem where you are, but where rust exists, they will not come off the hub when it's time to replace them.

[Linked Image]

^^^ I like to paint that mating surface, especially the inner lip ^^^ and i've had good luck with anti-seize on the inner lip as well.

Note: THIN coat of paint, as to minimize effects of run-out from an uneven surface!

Last edited:
Awesome!! I have used Cetnric rotors and pads for years now on multiple vehicles. I have continuously been impressed and happy with the quality and performance of the parts.

Originally Posted by JTK
Who doesn't appreciate a nice box.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

I also appreciate a nice box!

Back