"In before the thread lock"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by Farnsworth
]The other thing noticed on public sites like this is bullying, insisting people believe what they believe. What I said has nothing to do with the rules here. There is context in statements. The topic is saying "IBTL." IBTL is allowed. People are criticizing others for saying it, and bullying them to not say it, but it is allowed. You please go back and read the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up to use this site.
cheers3.gif

Ironically, I agree with you that 'IBTL' has value and adds to the discussion. Please read my prior post in this thread.

Additionally, my opinion is that no one is being bullied on this thread. I think that a spirited discussion is taking place. I think that you and I agree on the thread topic at hand, and others come from a different perspective than us.

In order to be bullied, it requires the one on the receiving end to acquiesce to the bully. I'm certainly not going to acquiesce to some schmucks on an internet bulletin board. I suggest you don't either. At the same time, I'm keeping it classy and not reducing myself to the level of anyone's personal slop. Again, I encourage you to do the same.

Good luck!!!
cheers3.gif

Like with texting ideas often get misunderstood writing snippets on a forum. I like rules on internet sites. My point was people saying ibftl is a waste of time and not relevant. They are allowed to say that too. I just don't like people telling others what they do is wrong because they have different views. So I am guilty in some way of what I preach. In no way was I thinking there should be no rules here to follow. I thought all replies were more in humor.

Originally Posted by supton
Originally Posted by atikovi
To raise their post count. Same reason they make useless posts like,

^
^1+
or ^THIS

that adds nothing to the thread.

I'll disagree, it does add weight to someone's opinion. It means "I agree with, and thus there are now two (or more) people who hold this position."

+1 lol

Originally Posted by dbias
Originally Posted by supton
To raise their post count. Same reason they make useless posts like,

^
^1+
or ^THIS

that adds nothing to the thread.

I'll disagree, it does add weight to someone's opinion. It means "I agree with, and thus there are now two (or more) people who hold this position."

+1 lol

+1 might not add much, but +1,000,000 surely does.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by redhat
I think to receive updates about a thread when another member posts.

You have to click the "follow thread" button on top of the page for that.

Yeah here you're right. Other forums I've been on, a reply subscribed you to the thread. But repeat offenders here, that of course would not be a viable reason.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Additionally, my opinion is that no one is being bullied on this thread.

In order to be bullied, it requires the one on the receiving end to acquiesce to the bully. I'm certainly not going to acquiesce to some schmucks on an internet bulletin board. I suggest you don't either. At the same time, I'm keeping it classy and not reducing myself to the level of anyone's personal slop. Again, I encourage you to do the same.

Is your definition of "keeping it classy" calling other posters you disagree with "slop" and "schmucks"?

The name calling you do could be defined as bullying, Mr. "classy".

Yep.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Using all the newfound knowledge I've gained from this thread, "in before THIS thread gets locked!"
lol.gif

+ 1

grin2.gif

]The other thing noticed on public sites like this is bullying, insisting people believe what they believe. What I said has nothing to do with the rules here. There is context in statements. The topic is saying "IBTL." IBTL is allowed. People are criticizing others for saying it, and bullying them to not say it, but it is allowed. You please go back and read the forum rules you agreed to when you signed up to use this site.
cheers3.gif

Ironically, I agree with you that 'IBTL' has value and adds to the discussion. Please read my prior post in this thread.

Additionally, my opinion is that no one is being bullied on this thread. I think that a spirited discussion is taking place. I think that you and I agree on the thread topic at hand, and others come from a different perspective than us.

Good luck!!!
cheers3.gif

Like with texting ideas often get misunderstood writing snippets on a forum. I like rules on internet sites. My point was people saying ibftl is a waste of time and not relevant. They are allowed to say that too. I just don't like people telling others what they do is wrong because they have different views. So I am guilty in some way of what I preach. In no way was I thinking there should be no rules here to follow. I thought all replies were more in humor.

IBTL for "bickering" ... LoL.

I myself more often wonder why people have such an affinity of using ALL CAPS or multiples of punctuation like double question marks or exclamation points??!! Everybody knows what a question mark means, along with an explanation mark. So, if you're not typing in ALL CAPS all the time, a single punctuation suffices to everyone of sound mind.

As a final note, some punctuation is appreciated; there's nothing more aggravating than a 3 or 4 line post with no commas, periods, semicolons... butt there are always plenty of :colons: to go around
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
As a final note, some punctuation is appreciated; there's nothing more aggravating than a 3 or 4 line post with no commas, periods, semicolons... butt there are always plenty of :colons: to go around
smile.gif

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Ws6
*In before the thread lock

Lol you beat me to it.

+1

Talking about thread lock, the tiny screw on my glasses had become loose. I tried to find a real theadlocker bottle in the lab but all they had was a superglue. So I dabbed a drop on the exposed threads of the screw. Hope it is good enough.

^THIS

crackmeup2.gif

If Franz Kafka were still around, he would love how discussions of what is allowed on forums are the most likely not to be allowed ... and I think he would delight in saying IBTL.

Originally Posted by MrMoody
If Franz Kafka were still around, he would love how discussions of what is allowed on forums are the most likely not to be allowed ... and I think he would delight in saying IBTL.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back