Space Subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be the perfect place to discuss how Synlube was used on the Mars rover!

Trolling.gif

Many subforums have been proposed. Few materialized. I would like to see some split.

One for BRAKES on its own.

Vehicle batteries on its own.

Trailers pulled by cars and pickups (not tractor trailers).

Network

Well, there are significant lubrication challenges in space and on other planets/moons. So I guess there would be some justification for lubrication discussions involving space. It's not a subject I know much about, but I'd bet the technology has terrestrial applications.

If you base this on existing topics that end up in "General and off-topic", I'm not sure there's as much interest in this topic as you think. There's been suggestions for common topics related to home improvement, sports, etc and those have been shot down....

There would be 40 pages of discussion on 2001 ASO and whether the scene where one of the guys depressurizes into the vacuum of space and then enters the then pressurized entry area is realistic; I think the guy would have lost his vision and consciousness and been in much worse shape.

I mean I would like to know how they plan on lubing the 600cc striaght six they are planning on putting on the Vulcan rocket under development by ULA. Maybe just a full pressure dry sump system? Are they just gonna fill it with 10W-30 or use some fancy space oil?

What's a cold start at -200F on the dark side of the moon like?
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back