Please help me with hanging a picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd drill holes. I hate touching up sheetrock but that is so far above the floor that minor imperfections (if you go to remove the pictures) would never been seen.

HA! This site cracks me up sometimes ;-)

The fireplace directly under them is wood, and only used a handful of times on "special" nights ;-) Obviously our bed is not under the pictures...it would be too close to the fire! The head of our bed is centered on the wall opposite of the fireplace.

Thanks for all the advice. Yup, I scraped the areas the tape was stuck down, and wiped it with alcohol. They stayed up there for over 6 months before the first one fell... Obviously some of you have no history of good quality double sided industrial sticky tape. It is amazing stuff!!! I use it all the time. I am thinking it is great at shear loading, but maybe not so good when there is a negative normal force. Anyways...again, thank you.

I really like the ideas of using the 1x2's or metal frame...and that will most likely be my course of action. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Kira
Command products won't work for 1 second on popcorn.

Hmmm, I wonder why I have had a very heavy photo up on my stucco wall for well over a year, with, yep you guessed it, command strips. I guess that it should have fallen many many months ago according to your statement. Have you even tried using command strips on stucco???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back