Who is the oldest on BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
57 yesterday and fortunate to be here. One day I'm at the gym, 2 weeks later I'm in the ER with shortness of breath, drowning in my own fluids. Soon after I got the bad news. I had CHF with a EF of 10%. Just like that with no warning. The Dr. told me to call my family and begin the process of putting me on a transplant list. I remember talking to my son in the hospital bed and... woke up 3 days later. All I remember during that time was someone asking me if I was "drifting". As fast as it came, thanks to lasix I was feeling better. 9 days later I was headed home. Here I am 3 years later on a couple of BP meds. My heart fully recovered. No clear answer why other than I tested positive for the flu. Miracle!

I remember you posting about your heart problems, good to see you recovered and doing much better.

Originally Posted by Kira
Old enough to be GLAD I won't be around to see the complete decay of our country and the point of no return regarding damage to the planet.

I feel sorry for the young ones.

Have a nice day.

Wow, someone's having a case of the Mondays.

Only 63, so I guess I'm a relative youngster here.
Kinda like being on a Holland cruise, LOL.
Do my own vehicle stuff as well as things needing attention around the house.
I know that I'm not as physically able as I was ten years ago, but everything still works and I can do whatever I please to do.

I'll be 69 next May. I'had to survive cancer to jolt myself out of 40 yrs of depression. I didn't start enjoying life until I turned 60. Clogged arteries being managed with diet,cardio exercise and pills
grin2.gif

71 so I'm just a youngster around here...as John Force said after winning the US Nationals last September, "get off that couch and go do some racing"

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Truckedup
I'm not the oldest at 72 but I do ride a Ducati 900.......................

Sorry, but had to stop to say
thumbsup2.gif

Just turned 77 still do maintenance but choose which major repairs to do. Cut and split firewood use a push mower which is a 3,8 mile walk but have occasional age related problems, The easy chair is deadly

Are we gonna add a senior citizen topic to the forum? Fill it with coffee and donuts. Open between 6am-10pm lights out! Joking aside its nice to have older individuals here.Much can be learned about cars and maybe more important ..Life. My dad is a 70 yr old Vietnam Veteran and his highlights of the day is walking the dog,coffee,and Dave Ramsey on the AM Radio back in Casper,Wy.

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Originally Posted by Truckedup
I'm not the oldest at 72 but I do ride a Ducati 900.......................

Sorry, but had to stop to say
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, none of them old man Harleys or Goldwings for me...
grin.gif

Miami would be the place Homestead even better, yep this nasty weather up here adds to the misery wipers frozen to the windshield ice accumulating in your rims making it feel like you're riding on square wheels oh I love southern USA

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
57 yesterday and fortunate to be here. One day I'm at the gym, 2 weeks later I'm in the ER with shortness of breath, drowning in my own fluids. Soon after I got the bad news. I had CHF with a EF of 10%. Just like that with no warning. The Dr. told me to call my family and begin the process of putting me on a transplant list. I remember talking to my son in the hospital bed and... woke up 3 days later. All I remember during that time was someone asking me if I was "drifting". As fast as it came, thanks to lasix I was feeling better. 9 days later I was headed home. Here I am 3 years later on a couple of BP meds. My heart fully recovered. No clear answer why other than I tested positive for the flu. Miracle!

I remember you posting about your heart problems, good to see you recovered and doing much better.

Thanks. Its changed my outlook on life. I'm calmer. Happier. No longer aspiring to be the CEO. I'm aspiring for flip flops and a beach chair lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back