Misfire after redline sl1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like the title says. I ran a bottle of sl-1 through and after I ran the whole tank and refueled, I got a p0300 code for random misfire. Coincidence or is this somewhat normal? The car is an 08 impala 3.9 with new plugs and wires 5k ago. No abnormal idle and car runs smooth and fuel eco is normal. I cleared the code and will see if it returns.

Probably. I pulled the front plugs and caught a strong whiff of the redline.

I doubt it was the redline itself, misfires are coil/plug/lead related. maybe the plugs are temporarily fouling and cleaning off?

I recently ran a bottle of sl-1 through my Honda, and my '05 Buick 3.8. I noticed with each car that they idled smoother immediately after refuelling to replace the sl-1 treated fuel. I think that sl-1 is a good cleaner, but that it might affect idle quality during the treatment. That's only one tank of fuel, so not a big deal.

Redline SI-1 (pronounced Ess-Eye-One).

I've used it a bunch of times, but never noticed any change in idle quality, knock, etc. in my Subarus.

I just ran it 130 miles and all is well. I'm sure something came loose on a car with 117k on it.

I just put the redline in my 2002 Honda CRV...All was fine then after a 15 mile ride, a two hour shutdown, then a restart, the engine briefly refused to accept commands from the accelerator pedal..It just continued to idle...Then less than a minute, the problem cleared and never returned..Very odd... Random misfire codes can be igntion ,fuel delivery, valves sticking or not seating and various other causes...

Not redline but when I used kreen on my 09 altima the cel came on and then went away as it neared the bottom of the fuel tank. I pulle the plugs out and they were pretty nasty at only 30k so obviously something was amiss in the fuel system.

Take er out for a 30-45 min highway drive with some full throttle pulls.................up to the speed limit of course.

Clear out the junk and get it good and hot!!!!!!!!!!1

It did the same to my focus both times I put SI-1 in it. After the tank was done and I filled it up again, the codes didn't come back.

Yeah nothing since. I filled up at the sunoco that sells non ethanol 90 and the cars never ran better.

Last edited:
Idle is so smooth you can set a full shot on the dash and wouldn't spill a drop. Impressive over the Lucas and Chevron I've ran in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back