Kreen Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SteveSRT8
After using Kreen on many vehicles here we concluded that it can clean the entire PCV tract very well as it evaporates from the sump during operation.

Seems to me to be an easy jump to it cleaning a DI engine's intake valves....

I wonder if this stuff could be sprayed in the intake do do just that?

Wanted to add to this Kreen thread, without starting a new one, as there is much more work to do.

So....

2007 accord k24. Seemed to go through a quart in the 1800-2000 mile range. I run various semi syns; whatever is on sale at the time. On my previous oil run, I added a half quart, and was able to run it for 600 miles (weather in MN made me have to pick a day to get it changed).

I am currently at 1700 miles on this interval. As of today, I am 1/2 quart low (Formula Shell). I am planning on running the last 1/2 quart of Kreen for 1000 miles on this interval.

I've also decided to switch over to Maxlife, after this run is done, and try 2 consecutive intervals to see if this has any effect.

Just thought I'd try to add some additional info on Kreen

Last edited:
The stuff will clean your engine but my issue doesn't have to do with gunked up rings so kreen did nothing more than cost me money and time. I also got free shipping for just single quarts, the last qt costs 10 bucks to ship so I'll be done with Kano labs. I have no issue with paying for shipping but would like to know up front, not surprised when it's at your door. For a company that supposedly does so much business, they seem very backwoods in their practices.

Originally Posted by D1dad
The stuff will clean your engine but my issue doesn't have to do with gunked up rings so kreen did nothing more than cost me money and time. I also got free shipping for just single quarts, the last qt costs 10 bucks to ship so I'll be done with Kano labs. I have no issue with paying for shipping but would like to know up front, not surprised when it's at your door. For a company that supposedly does so much business, they seem very backwoods in their practices.

You said this: "It provided some results for my Nissan but I don't think anything will help my issues. I did a piston soak with it over Xmas and haven't driven the car enough to see if it actually worked. I still added some oil at 700 miles but not as much as usual." Seems to me like it helped, a bit. I'd say your engine is in need of mechanical repair, and beyond the ability of anything poured into the crankcase. They have a satisfaction guarantee, no questions asked, if you're not happy with the product why not let them know?

I did let them know. My issue isn't with kreen itself. My oil stays clean longer and it cleaned out gunk from 120k. My car was screwed the day I picked it up and Nissan did nothing more than tell me it was acceptable. My problem with Kano is not being transparent in what the product will cost till after the fact. I couldn't get away with that at the broker house I work for and I don't expect companies I deal with to do it either. No issues with the product itself.

I did let them know. My issue isn't with kreen itself. My oil stays clean longer and it cleaned out gunk from 120k. My car was screwed the day I picked it up and Nissan did nothing more than tell me it was acceptable. My problem with Kano is not being transparent in what the product will cost till after the fact. I couldn't get away with that at the broker house I work for and I don't expect companies I deal with to do it either. No issues with the product itself.

Sorry to hear that. I never had a problem with them. The site says "Plus transportation - UPS or Parcel Post transportation charges will be added to your order." I phoned in my order and asked for the total, including shipping with the free item. They were nice and straight up with me.

For what it's worth I recently ordered 1 quart of Kreen (and only that), and I was not charged shipping. It was around $18 to my door.

Originally Posted by cfmistry
For what it's worth I recently ordered 1 quart of Kreen (and only that), and I was not charged shipping. It was around $18 to my door.

That's what I was charged twice. The 3rd time I was charged shipping. I have no issues with that but would like to know. I also sent a couple of emails regarding a piston soak and Trav offered correct info while I got 2 separate responses and neither were correct according to the 300 pages I read here.

Placing orders for single qts and then suddenly being charged shipping. I'm fine with shipping if I know when I hit submit. I don't agree with giving a company my credit card, then getting an invoice when the box was at my door. Their response was "shippings never free and we don't know what it will cost"

Originally Posted by atikovi
My problem with Kano is not being transparent in what the product will cost till after the fact.

WHAT are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back