Got A New Flashlight...

The Sofirn C8F 21700. Bought it on AliExpress for $32.72 including battery and charger. It took three weeks to arrive. I Love it.

[Linked Image]

Can you tell me if it has significant drain when off? Many electronic switch'd lights based on AA battery have high drain, especially when running on NiMh

Originally Posted by Vikas
Can you tell me if it has significant drain when off? Many electronic switch'd lights based on AA battery have high drain, especially when running on NiMh

Don't bother replying; I already ordered :)
That reminds me; did you purchase the stupidly bright one from them yet? Sure it costs in triple digits but you deserve it, don't you?

Last edited:

Don't bother replying; I already ordered :)

0.003 mA (3 μA), according to my DMM. That's for the AAA version (E02H). Very insignificant, but I still have a habit of loosening the tail cap a little when not planning to use it for a while.

That reminds me; did you purchase the stupidly bright one from them yet? Sure it costs in triple digits but you deserve it, don't you?

Nah, I think I got flashlight hoarding out of my system for the most part. Now moved onto hoarding other things.
smile.gif

I think this is the 1st light that I am ordering after NOT doing any for at least a year or so; May be I am cured?

I think this is the 1st light that I am ordering after NOT doing any for at least a year or so; May be I am cured?

I hope I didn't just serve alcohol to an AA member.
smile.gif

I think I can handle a glass or two or three or four or five or six ...

How many flashlights does one really need? Realistically, a tiny one, a normal sized one and a virtual sun in your hand one. A fourth one will have to displace something from the list of the three. Now that all cellphones have built-in flashlight, the tiny one is not even needed.

It is downright scary how many of them I have stashed all over the house and I still get anxious when I misplaced even one.

At least I can say that I always had fascination with flashlights since I was a few years old and as far as collecting flashlights go, it is relatively a cheap hobby.

I think I can handle a glass or two or three or four or five or six ...

How many flashlights does one really need? Realistically, a tiny one, a normal sized one and a virtual sun in your hand one. A fourth one will have to displace something from the list of the three. Now that all cellphones have built-in flashlight, the tiny one is not even needed.

It is downright scary how many of them I have stashed all over the house and I still get anxious when I misplaced even one.

At least I can say that I always had fascination with flashlights since I was a few years old and as far as collecting flashlights go, it is relatively a cheap hobby.

I bought 1 Olight, a Seeker 2 Pro, and when my wife found out how much it was her eyes went huge! I justified it by showing her their $600 behemoth
lol.gif

Last edited:
Where does Manker ship from? Slow boat from China?
My guess is they ship from China as I don't think they have any direct presence in the US.

Did they give you an estimated delivery date during checkout? This time of year, shipments from China can take quite a while.

Originally Posted by Warstud
Free I3E EOS offer starts on July 12, 2019 while supplies last!...$5.00 S&H
The i3E is an extremely compact flashlight with a maximum 90-lumen output, all running off of a single AAA battery. The i3E flashlight features a high-performance Philips LUXEON TX LED and a PMMA TIR lens that focuses the light to reach a distance of 44 meters.
Looks like Olight will be giving away the i3E again starting tomorrow 12/16.

https://www.olightstore.com/i3e-eos-bk-1-gift.html

Hopefully it's "no purchase necessary."

This is a pretty good keychain light, but I really wish it had a low mode.

I have this
[Linked Image from farm4.staticflickr.com]

Don't remember how much I paid. Do I still need that Olighe I3E EOS?

(What, How dare do I ask about "need"? This topic was NOT build on a "need" my friends)

Just realized that mine was purchased probably around 2013/2014 when I was still a virile young man :)

Last edited:
Do I still need that Olighe I3E EOS?

Honestly, the $5 shipping charge almost kills this deal. I mean, if you don't currently have a keychain sized AAA light, then by all means, get it, or if you need a stocking stuffer.

Another negative is that it won't tail stand.

Picked up this little camping light for under $5 (after Vipon discount). It's actually quite useful with its magnetic base and loop/strap. Hi/Lo/Red/Red Strobe. Runs on 3xAAA cells. Max lumen output is claimed around 95, and it lights up a bathroom very well, and would easily light up a tent, too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just received the Manker AA E03 light; very cute! Within 5 minutes, it was dead :-( I put in the lockout mode and then realized there were no instructions included on how to get it out of lockout mode. Removing battery was no use. Isn't loosening the tailcap lockout anyway? Why do they design like this? I don't know if I will get used to having to long press for "normal operation".

It is my first Nichia 219C high CRI tint light. Frankly, I find it no different than the Cree Neutral/Warm; may be it is in between neutral and warm? For the discounted price it is a good light but I would not have been happy to pay full price for this.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Do I still need that Olighe I3E EOS?

Honestly, the $5 shipping charge almost kills this deal. I mean, if you don't currently have a keychain sized AAA light, then by all means, get it, or if you need a stocking stuffer.

Another negative is that it won't tail stand.

Easily fixed, I ground the keychain nub off my I3E, and while I was at it, epoxied a rare earth magnet on. I just wish Olight would bring back the AA version of it, not just taking AA but also short, cheap, and the rectangular cut threads twisty instead of a switch.

Back