What is the Slipperiest gas-only SN Plus oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Ok, seriously now.. isn't PTFE the slipperiest (friction coefficient) substance known to man?..so load your oil up with a bunch of Teflon and Bam.. instant slippery!

No not the lowest "known to man", that would be a superfluid which has a coefficient of zero.

Wet ice on ice is probably a bit lower than PTFE, it depends on how you measure it. But it is very low.

Yeah but can you coat the inside of a ketchup bottle with it to get that last drop?...‚

Ice on ice aside, apparently "BAM" is now the "solid" record holder.. with a coefficient of a little less than half of Teflon. Did not know this..who said BITOG can't be informative?...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
We've read here about the longest lasting oils
We've read here about the oils that clean engines well
But what oil has the best anti-wear properties? Which do you feel is the most slippery. Are those clinging molecules commercials for real?

Why are you asking us? I thought you went strickly by marketing, so to heed your own advice and just go with whoever has the best marketing on the bottle.

But what oil has the best anti-wear properties? Which do you feel is the most slippery. Are those clinging molecules commercials for real?

I don't know. What does it say on the back on the jug?

If you subscribe to "549 Rat" and his beliefs - then QSUD in his testing was shown to be most excellent in wear tests which I suppose could be considered one of the most slippery / lowest friction ?

Read the verbiage on the bottle.....it tells all.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by CKN
Useless thread of the day........
AMEN!!!
Predictably, considering the source.

Stude
ChrisD46
Marco
LawnRanger
PimTac
aquariuscsm

Thanks for your useful opinions, regarding SN plus oils.
Multiple voters chose Quaker State Syn, That brand lands right into the lap oF Hyundai automaker, which ship their factory engines with Quaker State.
Kia is contracted with Total Quartz Oils USA mostly and that brand gets so little mention here at BITOG.

Interesting!

Last edited:
1. Sustina 0W20.
2. MGMO 0W20.

I prefer slightly less slippery oils,
with fewer side effects.

Ah the good old days.
When Quaker State HM had Slick 50 in it.

The testing for slipperiest is ASTM 5858...

Step 1. You take the motor oil and pour it out and spread it out evenly on a wood floor in a house and do it so it is around a corner of the house..

Step 2. You run as fast as you can and try to go around that corner as fast as you can...

Step 3. Have someone time how long it takes for you to hit the floor...

Step 4. The oil that causes the fastest time it takes for you to hit the floor first/fastest is slipperier...

Calculate the times to 0.000 in terms of estimating which oil is the slipperiest... Aka 0.025 is not as slippery as 0.005.

Hey there man...

Yeah I find it a Napa store in my area...The store in Windsor near me has it routinely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back