Music for Celebrity Cruise commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a new Celebrity Cruise commercial and the music associated with it is White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane in 1967. Grace Slick wrote the song after an LSD trip. The White Rabbit is ones curiosity. My guess is the people who decided on this song are young and don't know the background of the song.

I like the song and had the album on vinyl decades ago.

Or the people who selected the song are old and know all about it.

Originally Posted by Donald
I have seen a new Celebrity Cruise commercial and the music associated with it is White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane in 1967. Grace Slick wrote the song after an LSD trip. The White Rabbit is ones curiosity. My guess is the people who decided on this song are young and don't know the background of the song.

I like the song and had the album on vinyl decades ago.

Love that album! I have a mono pressing of it. Their first lp,"Jefferson Airplane Takes Off" is their best one.

Maybe the correlation between the song and the cruise,is that going on a Celebrity cruise will be like a fairytale.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Maybe the correlation between the song and the cruise,is that going on a Celebrity cruise will be like a fairytale.

Or an adventure or for the curious which I think was the theme of the song.

Heh heh White Rabbit was an anthem during my misspent youth. A boat load of boomers tripping on acid. Let's not and say we did.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Maybe Celebrity is reaching for a younger market and this is a very catchy track, if not exactly new. Wife and I aren't exactly young but we were quite that when this song came out.
We just got off a Celebrity cruise from San Juan 12/21/19 and I recall my wife saying that the cruise industry needed to reinvent itself as its patrons appeared to be aging. Holland would be an extreme example of this and we have been on their ships.
This while sipping a nice French rose with dinner sitting at our table for two at the stern windows of the dining room.
Celebrity really is nice to cruise with, although not as nice as it once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back