2007 Impala 3.5 Valve Train Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minus GM's genius move of putting afm on the 3.9 which was a joke. Once I had mine turned off all is well but I hated it while it was active.

Originally Posted by A_Harman
I always liked GM's series of 60-degree pushrod V6's. The later 3.5 and 3.9 versions were sort of like big block Chevy meets economy car engine, and produces offspring with canted valves. The valvetrains used investment cast steel rocker arms and beehive valve springs, just like the LS V8's. Not bad for a 2-valve pushrod engine.

Is that schmutz on the outer portion of the rockerbox floor baked carbon or varnish?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Has that car been flooded? I see rust around bolt holes and even around the lip of the crankshaft sensor location.

Originally Posted by spasm3
Has that car been flooded? I see rust around bolt holes and even around the lip of the crankshaft sensor location.

No floods, but it hasn't been run since February 2018. For the last 4 months or so the hood was partially open with a tarp covering the engine as I had it suspended from a support bar. It rains a lot in Florida!

Originally Posted by D1dad
Minus GM's genius move of putting afm on the 3.9 which was a joke. Once I had mine turned off all is well but I hated it while it was active.

Originally Posted by A_Harman
I always liked GM's series of 60-degree pushrod V6's. The later 3.5 and 3.9 versions were sort of like big block Chevy meets economy car engine, and produces offspring with canted valves. The valvetrains used investment cast steel rocker arms and beehive valve springs, just like the LS V8's. Not bad for a 2-valve pushrod engine.

Is that schmutz on the outer portion of the rockerbox floor baked carbon or varnish?

What is afm ?

Thanks , :)

Originally Posted by WyrTwister

What is afm ?

Thanks , :)

AFM = Active Fuel Management

What GM calls their cylinder deactivation system for fuel savings.

I have a 2007 Chev Impala 3.5 V6 Flex Fuel that just turned over 100,000 on 12/31. Hope my engine looks as good as yours as I do 5K OCI with 10W-30 High Mileage Synthetic and try to change the transmission fluid every 20,000 to 25,000 miles. Just replaced water pump, front rotors and brake pads , plus all new spark plugs and wires. Still need to install new belt that I just got from Rock Auto this past weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back