What is the Slipperiest gas-only SN Plus oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
We've read here about the longest lasting oils
We've read here about the oils that clean engines well
But what oil has the best anti-wear properties? Which do you feel is the most slippery. Are those clinging molecules commercials for real?

Originally Posted by atikovi
Is "slipperiest" a technical attribute assigned to oils like the viscosity?

Slipperiest is defined by putting oil between your forefinger and thumb - then rotating those two until you hear squeaking fingers......lol

So how many finger rotations qualifies your most favorite gas-only slippery oil (just kidding - no such finger test required).
Lets set a grade-viscosity limit here.......... 5 or 10W30. You can include either 0 or 5W20. Even 0W16 can jump into this thread.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
We've read here about the longest lasting oils
We've read here about the oils that clean engines well
But what oil has the best anti-wear properties? Which do you feel is the most slippery. Are those clinging molecules commercials for real?

Valvoline Advanced synthetic

33.gif

The "slipperiest" is the one you slip on, right?

Ok, seriously now.. isn't PTFE the slipperiest (friction coefficient) substance known to man?..so load your oil up with a bunch of Teflon and Bam.. instant slippery!

Hmmm, wondering if this has been done before?🤔

Last edited:
I can see this being the next Project Farm video. Multiple oil slicks of different brands on the ground beside some old banana peels, and maybe some black ice. Then take a running slide and see one which one you bail the hardest.

Tune in for the results!!!

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Russells
I can see this being the next Project Farm video. Multiple oil slicks of different brands on the ground beside some old banana peels, and maybe some black ice. Then take a running slide and see one which one you bail the hardest.

Tune in for the results!!!

That might actually be worth seeing!...‚

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Ok, seriously now.. isn't PTFE the slipperiest (friction coefficient) substance known to man?..so load your oil up with a bunch of Teflon and Bam.. instant slippery!

No not the lowest "known to man", that would be a superfluid which has a coefficient of zero.

Wet ice on ice is probably a bit lower than PTFE, it depends on how you measure it. But it is very low.

Bar and chain oil has tackifiers maybe that's what intelligent molecules means. Slippery doesn't go with tackiness. Walmart has a shelf area with oil additives, motor honey, etc.

I keep seeing a BP commercial on TV where they turn bannana peels into fuel. Since bannana peels are so slippery, maybe BP should be turning them into PCMO instead!

If only the manufacturers put marketing language on the bottles! It's the only way we would know which is the most slippery!

Am I right????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back