Arctic Front Forming

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are enjoying the warm weather too much so we're sending down an Arctic front next week. The Canadian prairies along with North Dakota and Montana will be in in the minus twenty F range sometime next week. Not sure how far south this will reach.
laugh.gif

Even in our region the temperatures are forecasted to go down as the week progresses. With moisture coming in from the ocean snow is possible by mid week or so.

We won't get the below zero temps but those places that will are used to it anyway.

As long as it's not - 76 then I'm fine. Any colder and my redline 0w20 won't pour/pump. This so far has been mild. It was in the 50s this previous weekend.

Originally Posted by Marco620
As long as it's not - 76 then I'm fine. Any colder and my redline 0w20 won't pour/pump. This so far has been mild. It was in the 50s this previous weekend.

If it gets to -76 you likely got bigger worries, like your plumbing, than your oil pumping....

How do you know Redline will pump down to that temperature?

We've had a mild winter this year. I'd rather it be cold. The constant freeze/thaw and rain means my yard had never dried up! I've had standing water in my back yard since October.

I also have to do a bunch of plumbing in my crawlspace. I prefer to do this when it's really cold out since all the creepy crawlies are dormant.

Cold winters help keep people healthy, the freeze / thaw cycle hovering around freezing doesn't destroy viruses...unless this old theory has been busted?

Originally Posted by kschachn

How do you know Redline will pump down to that temperature?

Yep, it's not like the oil will pump until it hits right at -76 and then it won't.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

If it gets to -76 you likely got bigger worries, like your plumbing, than your oil pumping....

Or like your life.

Yeah, the longer range outlook (back 1/2 of the month) was looking interesting. But that would be pretty typical of late January, so whatever.

Originally Posted by SevenBizzos
Yeah, the longer range outlook (back 1/2 of the month) was looking interesting. But that would be pretty typical of late January, so whatever.

Yea, I was out in shorts on christmas day. Yesterday I was brushing snow off the cars
smirk.gif
. Nature can't figure out what it wants to do!

Originally Posted by Pew

Yea, I was out in shorts on christmas day. Yesterday I was brushing snow off the cars
smirk.gif

Weather is very unpredictable. It's been like that since the beginning no matter how hard we try to predict it.

I've been on the Bering Sea when it was flat as a pancake and still and 24 hours later we were in 30 foot seas.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Pew

smirk.gif

Weather is very unpredictable. It's been like that since the beginning no matter how hard we try to predict it.

I've been on the Bering Sea when it was flat as a pancake and still and 24 hours later we were in 30 foot seas.

Yea, to me that also makes weather exciting.

I've heard how crazily treacherous the Bering Sea can be - I'm glad I never had to be on a LCS during a storm there.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Or like your life.

Very true...touche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back