Havoline smart change

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have almost always used OEM oil and filter for my rides. 2000 suburban 240,000 miles and do 3,000 OCI using ACDelco 5w30 and ACDelco filter. 2014 Lincoln MKX, just turned 100,000 using Motorcraft 5w20 synthetic blend and Motorcraft filter 5,000 OCI. Both types of oil are getting scarce in my local retailers and seem high priced online. Both cars take 6 quarts so the Havoline smart change seem to fit the bill for me. Would like input on what you folks think, both types of oil I need are available for pickup at Walmart. Full synthetic is $19.97 and blend is $15.47. The OEM filters are readily available usually around $4-5 and have plenty of those. But should I use the blend or go full synthetic? Thanks for any input!!

Been using it a while now in both of mine. No problems, works fine and is priced right. Used both the ProDS and the HM.

Havoline is a fine motor oil. Use either one with confidence. I put 250,000 miles on a 1973 Chevy Impala with a 400 cubic inch small block engine using Havoline 10w40 and never had an oil related problem.

I have 5W-30 Havoline ProDs in a 2006 Suzuki Vitara right now. Engine runs very smooth and quiet. The box is a very smart way to sell oil. 6 quarts of synthetic for the price of 5. Great oil, super value.

Have it in the GMC now, some waiting for the Corvette and Jeep. Great price, seems to work fine, and will post a UOA when I get to 7500 in the GMC.

Nothing special about a/c delco oil or motorcraft.
Just use any that meet specs for your trucks.
Dexos spec is better than your Gm 6094 for your 2000 burb.

I used it in a couple of my cars and have no complaints matter of fact I even use the pro ds 0W 20 yesterday.

Originally Posted by Villalobos
I don't think Dexos was around when my suburban came off the assembly line.

No it wasn't, dexos exceeds the spec your truck calls for.
I think the havoline is dexos aproved

I have always used conventional 5w30 in my suburban, it's got me to 240,000 with no problems. My question is for my suburban I have 3 choices, conventional, synthetic blend or full synthetic in the smart change. For the Lincoln I've always used the blend, so should I stick with blend or go full synthetic. Also I love the fact that Havoline uses 70% less plastic, great for the environment, and I can feel a lot less guilt as I dump my oil in the back 40
lol.gif
(kidding)

I have Havoline high-mileage SB in the GT and ProDS in the Toyota truck.

Very well thought out packaging, and less expensive to manufacture/bottle, hence the cost savings.

The Smart Box is a no-brainer to me if you need 6 quarts. I've used it now a few times in our Yukon and it works like an oil should. As mentioned, the ProDS carries the Dexos1 Gen2 license and should meet (or exceed) what's required for your vehicles. At $20 for 6 quarts of D1G2 full synthetic, it's a great value in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Villalobos
I have always used conventional 5w30 in my suburban, it's got me to 240,000 with no problems. My question is for my suburban I have 3 choices, conventional, synthetic blend or full synthetic in the smart change. For the Lincoln I've always used the blend, so should I stick with blend or go full synthetic. Also I love the fact that Havoline uses 70% less plastic, great for the environment, and I can feel a lot less guilt as I dump my oil in the back 40
lol.gif
(kidding)

For the suburban 3k oci, get the cheapest one in the oil weight you choose. No need for for full synthetic at that oci and at 240k, I wouldn't switch it over to synthetic.

For the MC replacement, might as well get the synthetic and call it a day at 5k ocis.

We have been running 5w30full synthetic Havoline in my wife's Freestyle for 2 oci's ,,,quiet as a church mouse with good labs back from Blackstone,,,
Use with confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back