Current plan for detailing my car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a DIYer, I will use CG's Decon/Iron remover first all surfaces of my semi-dirty car (not really that bad), then wash with CG's Clean Slate to remove all wax/sealants, then clay bar with CG's clay block V2 and clay luber, then IPA wipedown (@12% concentration w/distilled water since my CC is soft), then polish/paint correct using CG's VSS and orange pads with my HF DA (removing lots of swirl marks on 8 year old paint), then IPA wipedown again, then apply TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray coating, let cure 24 hours, and apply this again (the TW spray will go on all windows/headlights as well). Following all product directions of course.

I had some leftover Meg's Hybrid Ceramic spray that you put on with water and did my recently painted red brake calipers and mirror polished rims to help keep brake dust from sticking as badly.

I'll report back once I've completed this to judge the results. I'm currently stuck at the first IPA wipedown as I got sidelined by an 8.7mm kidney stone this week (Yes, it SUCKS!).

Comments/suggestions??

If your paint is soft, is there a "primer polish" that you can use which would remove the wipedown step?

edit: if you will be polishing, why not apply a real coating that will allow you to keep the paint protected for multiple years?

Last edited:
Mainly cause I can't afford it! I have some road rash which I haven't spot painted (i.e., Dr. ColorChip) and this is my daily driver so I know it won't be "perfect" but it will sure clean up nice. I've had plenty of comments on "how that your car be nearly 8 years old and still look that good?" so I'm getting by I think.

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN
Mainly cause I can't afford it! I have some road rash which I haven't spot painted (i.e., Dr. ColorChip) and this is my daily driver so I know it won't be "perfect" but it will sure clean up nice. I've had plenty of comments on "how that your car be nearly 8 years old and still look that good?" so I'm getting by I think.

Sadly, my shock-wave lithotripsy procedure to bust up my kidney stone caused a "donkey kick" renal hemorrhage on my kidney which filled with blood and hurt as bad as the stone and put me in the hospital for two days due to the extreme blood pressure this causes (200/100). I'm slowly recovering and attempting to get my car detailed properly.

Sadly, my shock-wave lithotripsy procedure to bust up my kidney stone caused a "donkey kick" renal hemorrhage on my kidney which filled with blood and hurt as bad as the stone and put me in the hospital for two days due to the extreme blood pressure this causes (200/100). I'm slowly recovering and attempting to get my car detailed properly.

Hope you get better soon.

Originally Posted by The Critic

Hope you get better soon.

Yes, I hope the same. Hope the temporary inability to detail doesn't cause you stress. It did me when I was in a similar situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back