Wix 57356 - 9,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wix 57356 - ran for 9,000 miles with Napa Synthetic 5w20 in a 2011 Honda Fit 1.5L.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 69Torino
Looks amazing for 9k. Thanks for posting!

I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^

I have run the Napa Wix 57356 for 10k miles on my Nissan Altima VQ... These filters could go 15k miles on a known clean well maintained motor I'd bet.

I have 2 more Wix 7356s in line to run on my car. Wix is now my go to for my car and the lady's Camry.

Last edited:
Looks good!
thumbsup2.gif

I ran a 57356 for 10k, and the media buckled
crazy2.gif

Mine had round holes, not louvers

I still don't like this particular Wix because the media cartridge s tiny
mad.gif

The XP version has a bigger media cartridge, and so do the Fram counterparts (7317)

Potential problems where the wide spacing in the media occurs. Like the MC 820 you would think filter manufactures would correct this problem. I would chose a different filter that doesn't have this issue.

Oil filter did real well. But I'm unsure about your oil.
Your Honda Fit only holds 3.8 quarts and you used a thin, housebrand 5w20 NAPA syn oil for 9K.
But hey, the topic is this forum room is filters, not oil. We could save that discussion for another day - another forum room.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Your Honda Fit only holds 3.8 quarts and you used a thin, housebrand 5w20 NAPA syn oil for 9K.
But hey, the topic is this forum room is filters, not oil. We could save that discussion for another day - another forum room.

But, You use a version of this oil you are chastising the O.P. over, and for some reason you "boost" it with a suspended solid lubricant (which is a big no-no)

C'Mon, Man!

And I don't understand the "thin" remark. Unless you poo-poo 20 grades in general.

You better embrace them as I would Imagine your new Soul spec's it.

and if it has VVT its going to need the 100KV to be within +/-1.5 cSt of target.

On another note, how do you loose the fat rappin hamsters?
Or is that you new posse comitatus?

Last edited:
Physically looks good, and I like these filter in large sizes but the base end bypass assembly displaces too much media.

And I've had the flat gaskets leak on many applications.

I am thinking about designing a canister adapter for this universal Asian application

as these filters are same for most all current Honda, Subaru, Nissan and Kia/Hyundai.

The canister would use a available drop in cartridge and have the bypass assembly built into the base.

then again when it leaks due to faulty installation, I would get all this grief.
Sell for 21/2 years then close and retire to Cambodia?

Starting to see more Wix filters with louvers in the center tube, but so far they seem to be opened up well.
Agree on the media spacing as well, that seems to be a failure point on other filters.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

It should be fine. This car sees mostly easy miles commuting back and forth 20 miles a day, and the original spec is a 0w20. I go by the maintenance minder which usually goes around 8000-9000 miles.

This OCI I replaced with a Honda OEM filter and Castrol Magnatech 5w20 synthetic.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by 69Torino
Looks amazing for 9k. Thanks for posting!

I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^

I have run the Napa Wix 57356 for 10k miles on my Nissan Altima VQ... These filters could go 15k miles on a known clean well maintained motor I'd bet.

I have 2 more Wix 7356s in line to run on my car. Wix is now my go to for my car and the lady's Camry.

For sure! I've been running these on my family's Hondas for years. I only swapped to a Honda OEM filter this change because I got a good deal on a few of them from ebay. This engine is pretty clean inside from what I can see in the fill hole, and it should be. My mom has owned it since new and I've done all the maintenance going by the maintenance monitor. Usually goes 8-9,000 miles between changes with 0w20 or 5w20 synthetic. Car currently has 85,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back