Amalie Euro 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good

F6A0F23E-8B5A-411B-82B4-B04A31529979.jpeg

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Looks good

Looks like a bunch of nonsense to me, the Mercedes Benz "Approvals" do not show up on the BeVo list and they are not worded properly for those approvals. The VW ones don't appear on the Audi list either, but sometimes they can appear on the separate VW list. From what I can see they should all be under the "Recommended for" column and this goes along with the wording in the text,.

Seems like a weird mix of low and high SAPS recommendations as well. Yet another blender obfuscating actual approvals and recommendations trying to fool the reader, but this PDS is especially deceptive.

Why would one seek out this unicorn when oils with actual approvals are available for less?

Originally Posted by kschachn
Looks good

Looks like a bunch of nonsense to me, the Mercedes Benz "Approvals" do not show up on the BeVo list and they are not worded properly for those approvals. The VW ones don't appear on the Audi list either, but sometimes they can appear on the separate VW list. From what I can see they should all be under the "Recommended for" column and this goes along with the wording in the text,.

Seems like a weird mix of low and high SAPS recommendations as well. Yet another blender obfuscating actual approvals and recommendations trying to fool the reader, but this PDS is especially deceptive.

Why would one seek out this unicorn when oils with actual approvals are available for less?

Thanks for the info
I know very little about Euro oils so thanks for the insight

Looks good

Interesting observation. One would think it would be highly illegal to claim that your product has OEM approval when it does not. Seem BeVO would be firing off cease and desist letters if this were the case.

I spoke with Ken in the technical at AOC. He was completely forthcoming that AOC does not seek European car manufacturer OEM approvals due to the cost. But that they stand behind the product to meet or exceed the specs as defined by the OEM.

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Sam_Julier
I spoke with Ken in the technical at AOC. He was completely forthcoming that AOC does not seek European car manufacturer OEM approvals due to the cost. But that they stand behind the product to meet or exceed the specs as defined by the OEM.

I hope this helps.

Fine, then the area under the "Approvals" heading should be mostly blank rather than populated with a long list of approvals it does not actually have. They do this deliberately to deceive the consumer, and for that reason alone I would be very much inclined to not use their product. This is the only possible explanation since they also have the "Recommended for" column on the same page, yet elect to list a bunch of non-approvals under the Approvals heading. I'd say this qualifies as one of the most deceptive PDS I have ever seen.

Maybe they should stand behind their PDS as much as they "stand behind" their oil.

Originally Posted by Sam_Julier

I hope this helps.

Fine, then the area under the "Approvals" heading should be mostly blank rather than populated with a long list of approvals it does not actually have. They do this deliberately to deceive the consumer, and for that reason alone I would be very much inclined to not use their product. This is the only possible explanation since they also have the "Recommended for" column on the same page, yet elect to list a bunch of non-approvals under the Approvals heading. I'd say this qualifies as one of the most deceptive PDS I have ever seen.

Maybe they should stand behind their PDS as much as they "stand behind" their oil.

I agree that it is deceptive. Either pay for the OEM approval or list the grade as "recommended for".

Looks good

While I know that you are totally right here...

Question I have is Dexos 2 how does this approval cross with any of the others "listed" ??

Could that oil actually be possibly legitimate in meeting one of the other specs due to either Dexos 2 being a tougher specs or basically the same requirements as one of the other specs listed??

I doubt this is the case as a rule here though.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Looks good

While I know that you are totally right here...

Question I have is Dexos 2 how does this approval cross with any of the others "listed" ??

Could that oil actually be possibly legitimate in meeting one of the other specs due to either Dexos 2 being a tougher specs or basically the same requirements as one of the other specs listed??

I doubt this is the case as a rule here though.

I would use this oil where API SN and Dexos 2 approvals are appropriate.

I would not use it where any of the European approvals are required.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back