You might want to gas up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nervous Nelly speculators did this. Tomorrow it willl go the other way.

If a one day event spooks you that badly then you have bigger issues.

Some states are pushing for automatic gas tax increases until it reaches $5+ a gallon. Add this on to any effect the current situation is having on fuel prices and watch pickup and SUV sales tank big time.
The problem is American car makers don't produce enough small fuel efficient cars to pick up the slack, the fools put all their eggs on one basket yet again. The Japanese and Korean manufacturers will have a sales boom, not so much the Europeans as those morons have planned an end to the ICE.

Maybe this is what its going to take to wake the Europeans up, the fact that the USA is not the size of a European country and does not and probably will not have the infrastructure necessary for an all electric vehicle society for many years. I mean here they can barely keep the lights on when a ice or wind storm hits, the cable TV is the first thing to go so there goes the emergency broadcast system with it, another brainstorm of some idiot.

I still have a few radio sets, strategically located around, in and outside the house. So, even under rubble, after a tectonic event of galactic proportion I will be able to hear the current Houston-London-Frankfurt spreads and strips...
Interestingly, looked up gas prices in Green Bay, where a family member lives now, and their regular to premium spread is huge compared to what we have here. Canadian bitumen hypothesis explains this well. Although, overall, gas is cheaper in WI compared to WA

Here in Illinois our governor added a .19 a gallon tax the 1st of July. Gas is now 2.59-2.69 which is far higher than gas in Missouri which is about 5 miles away.

Illinois can barely service their debt using all revenue sources, not surprised the government there is resorting to fuel tax increases.

I drive a car that weighs over 4K lbs (closer to 4.5K lbs with me and a full tank of gas in it), is powered by what the government considers a gas-guzzling V8, and my method of driving it is about as far from fuel-efficiency-minded as you can get.

In spite of all that, I'm getting around 20 MPGs in combined city/highway driving and north of 23 MPGs in straight highway operation.

That is without caring about my MPGs. If i really try to get good MPGs, I can squeeze 25-26 MPGs out of her on the highway and get 21-22 MPGs in town.

It might have been easy to send the country into a panic over rising gas prices a decade or two ago, but the technology of the ICE has taken a lot of that power away from those who want/try to do it now.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Gasoline futures rose 3% today to $1.75 per gallon. Something happened in Baghdad.

Let's worry those who have the American dollars. It is their problem. For us, It's may be neutral news.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Illinois can barely service their debt using all revenue sources, not surprised the government there is resorting to fuel tax increases.

Yeah and PA we pay highest fuel taxes too

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaDad
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
IBTL.

+1

Why the thread lock? meh

Yeah, escaped the lock. Escaped price increases too, just filled up today and the price was the same as before.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Escaped price increases too, just filled up today and the price was the same as before.

Yes, stations that went up are already coming back down. I think in a few days they'll be below where they were last week.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Just hope it stays under 3.00 a gallon for non ethanol. Bought in Leavenworth for 2.50 87 clear.

Just hope it stays under $4 per gallon...
Under $3? Have mercy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back