Weather Tech front floor Mats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered the front mats for my 2017 Fusion today and they should be in by the middle of next week. Pricy but I like the way they fit the floor.

Originally Posted by tig1
I ordered the front mats for my 2017 Fusion today and they should be in by the middle of next week. Pricy but I like the way they fit the floor.

I use their floor liners in all of our new work trucks. They are the best! Not only do they keep the guys from wearing a heal hole in the floor, they catch all of the mud and crud from snow plowing too.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Please post a photo after installing them.

I plan on buying a set very soon.

Will do.

Originally Posted by mpgo4th
Originally Posted by tig1

I use their floor liners in all of our new work trucks. They are the best! Not only do they keep the guys from wearing a heal hole in the floor, they catch all of the mud and crud from snow plowing too.

My sister bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee and has them front to back including the cargo area. They really look great.

Don't have the Weather Tech's, but I have Husky Liner mats in my truck. I bought MaxLiner for my wife's SUV. Very satisfied with the quality and fitment of both products. The Weather Tech's should be no different.

Put WT in the 2014 Fusion and Cruze. Tahoe/Z71 have dealer purchases (brand unknown, USA made).

I installed Weather Techs in my Accord since I had worn a heel hole into the driver's side mat about three months after buying the car new. I would much rather have some heavy-duty carpeted mats simply because they look nicer but the rubber Weather Tech mats fit perfectly and look fine. They use the OEM latches built into the carpet and they have firm spikes on the bottom so they don't move at all. I'm glad I went with the basic mats and not the full-on liners.

Have had husky Liners in my Camry for 18 years now and I'm very satisfied with them. Only beginning a show somewhere on the driver side

I like Husky Liners better, and have sets in multiple family's cars, including my Sonata I traded in. But they don't make them for my Genesis I just bought. Just ordered a $200 set of Weather Techs for it, they come in in a week or so.

Getting in the Genesis with carpet floor mats feels so wrong, and we got some rain so my feet were kinda wet, what a mess.

Have Weather Tech in one, Husky in the other--I read various online reviews, and Husky eeked out an edge for my Tundra, ergo it got that.

I have them in both vehicles. They are expensive, but make keeping the interior clean a breeze, especially in the salt belt. I hardly ever vacuum the cars now, just rinse out the mats and let them air-dry.

I have a set of WT's in my Tacoma and so far so good. After repeatedly cleaning the stock carpet mats out with a Bissell Little Green decided it was time to pay up. Only have had them a couple months, but haven't looked back. I have the OE Monster Mats in my VW as well. Makes me realize I need to get something for the Camry.

Wife got me WeatherTech 3D liners for my new F-150. My truck has the vinyl floors, not carpet, and does not have the four studs sticking up out of the floor like carpet does that secure floor mats in place. WeatherTech is THE only maker that takes this into account on their ordering page-- you have to specify carpeted floors or vinyl floors. For vinyl floors they include a kit with mounting studs that adhere powerfully to the vinyl flooring, and perfectly replicates the mounting studs that carpeted vehicles have for floor mats/liners. BUT, here's the thing-- I didn't have to use the stud kit. The WeatherTech 3D liners fit so absolutely perfect and snug and grip the vinyl floor that they totally stay put under foot (hey, a rhyme).

Why would I want floor trays in a truck that already has vinyl flooring from the factory, ready for rough/tough duty? Answer: To keep water, mud, and snow melt chemicals from my shoes or boots from running all over the place. With floor trays (liners), that murky stew pools in the liner and is contained, so all you need to do is lift them out, pour them out, and lay them back in.

WeatherTech is also Made in the USA. Competitors possibly selling Made in China product, not sure.

The main reason I like my Weathertech's is they stay pliable in the winter and don't move around, they're heavy enough to stay put.

The molded or 3D ones look to slick to me, are they hard or soft?

Got some Husky liners for my Jeep a couple years ago and they seem to be getting a little stiff and move around a lot. Mostly the driver one, obviously since it gets most wear.
I decided I wanted some for my old Taurus this winter and got AmazonBasics heavy duty universals for it. For only 25 bucks I'm very impressed so far.

I have a set in my 2016 Fusion, front, back and trunk. FYI, the back seat covers pretty much everything, as does the trunk mat. With kids and living on a dirt road I feel the mats are money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back