Satisfied with STP Oil Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been about a month now since I changed my oil and also added a bottle of STP and I just wanted to give my report on it.

- Car sounds smooth upon startup, no longer sounds like a runaway sewing machine
- Oil pressure light used to come on for a few seconds during cranking over, doesn't do that anymore
- Improved MPG, used to be lucky to get 15mpg, my average now floats between 18 and 22
- VTEC seems to be fine with it, no codes yet lol

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
So.. Using an oil thickener gave you another 5-7MPG? Wow that is magic in a bottle!

Seriously!!
That a 22%-46% improvement in fuel economy.
It's almost like magic...
33.gif

Originally Posted by Imp4
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
So.. Using an oil thickener gave you another 5-7MPG? Wow that is magic in a bottle!

Seriously!!
That a 22%-46% improvement in fuel economy.
It's almost like magic...
33.gif

I want some of what he is smoking!

Originally Posted by 4WD
Was this the older generation STP or the Synthetic version ?

Unsure which generation but it was in a round metal can that you needed to use a punch open can opener on.

Thought that the original foundation of STP came from Germany. Was used in aircraft to thicken oil so if hit it would give enough time for pilots to try to land their aircraft.

Your signature says ...... HK conv 5w20, STP blue bottle, PrimeGuard POF4610 filter.

HK Oil?...... what is that...... Harvest King Oil?
When was the last time your Honda was fed good oil?

Glad the STP Blue worked well for you. Maybe try STP High Mileage next?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 4WD

Is there even such a thing as viscous "Synthetic Bright Stock" base oil?

Go Andy go!!! It's that subtle air of confidence...(Vid let off for bandwidth purposes.)
I remember Andy and his STP ads. In fact I associate him most with STP. When topic came up before, some said Richard Petty more memorable. For me, it's Andy.

3-7 mpg improvement in one month, Andy and Richard would both approve.
56.gif

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by 4WD

Not sure what It is made from … synthetic version makes these claims:
Detergent
Anti oxidants
VII (VM)
Synthetic base stock

So basically an oil add pack not necessarily in concert with the formulation it is poured in with
(if like the old stuff my dad used poured while you have a coffee … cigar in his case) ...

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by 4WD

I've been wondering that too. I guess it's just a different cut of basestock that has higher VI.

Not saying these don't have what they claim to have in it, but I've been wondering if there aren't also ashless AW additives in these.

I'm actually looking for a way to offset DI fuel diluted oil. My L83's have the easiest to reach oil filter ever and the engines (2) dump a quart when I pull one off. Thinking of 5k on new oil/filter … add viscosity (SAE30 SN Plus ?) and then go another 5k on that oil and cheap (OEM) filter.
Oil in use is M1 AP 0w20. (AZ clearance)

Good stuff, used it in some of my beater cars, took forever to drain the bottle
lol.gif

41EGXTXX9CL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back